Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bolton v Man United

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

he's starting to score but he does **** all for the team

besides the goal he's passing wasnt the best and he couldnt hold up the ball either

I dont think Tevez is a good partner for him tbh

Doesn't he have the record for most assists in the premier league or something? I have to say, I'm delighted with him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

besides the goal he's passing wasnt the best and he couldnt hold up the ball either

Seriously? What are you smoking? He does **** all for the team? Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

as long as he keeps scoring important goals and popping up with regualr assists as he has done I'm happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

One look at his assits would prove you wrong. Also who started the move of wendesday for Rooneys goal?

Serioulsy you don't like him I get it. You prob never will. But I find it hard to take your opinions seriously as I never find them subjective. Always something personal behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Yes. I know. But by every United fans admittance, he hasnt been scoring as much as we'd hoped.

Your right he didn't in the first half the season. But he has picked it up. Let's judge at the end if the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

rafa won't be happy this evening.

FACT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

doonothing wrote: »
    Doesn't he have the record for most assists in the premier league or something? I have to say, I'm delighted with him!
    not sure on that?
    im just not happy with him tbh
    Seriously? What are you smoking? He does **** all for the team? Jesus Christ.

I just see berba standing on the outside of the box when he'suppose to get in there and a big fella like himself should be goal poching

i may have been to extreme about berba doing **** all for utd but for 30 million you expect better

i remember berba at spurs and he was brilliant,just havent seen that at utd yet

he's scoring goals but idk what to make of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Your right he didn't in the first half the season. But he has picked it up. Let's judge at the end if the season.

Agreed.

I was just trying to make the point that, he is adding a lot to the team while not scoring as much as expected. If he was scoring as much as expected he would be prolific right now and there would be no hate.

Its much easier to like a striker if he is scoring, when he is not people tend to overlook everything else they do. Look at Headshot waffling on about him doing nothing for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

He does **** all for team?
    Middelsboro,Stoke(lucky assist but still assist),wigan(defence splitting pass), Today?
    This is only recently like, van nistelrooy hardly did anything for the team either.(according to your logic)

One look at his assits would prove you wrong. Also who started the move of wendesday for Rooneys goal?

Serioulsy you don't like him I get it. You prob never will. But I find it hard to take your opinions seriously as I never find them subjective. Always something personal behind them.

nothing personal behind them at all alan

I think hes a brilliant player and has showed some skill on the ball

to me he look like he's not too bothered ya know
    that probly just him but he's one of the lazyiest players iv ever seen

but if he keeps scoring vital goals
    i might warm to him
    only1stevo wrote: »
    He does **** all for team?
    Middelsboro,Stoke(lucky assist but still assist),wigan(defence splitting pass), Today?
    This is only recently like, van nistelrooy hardly did anything for the team either.(according to your logic)
    as i said i was to extreme in saying he does **** all

van the man did alot for utd
    he was great at holding up the ball possibly better than berba in that area
    a real goal pocher in the box and one of best finishers around
    possibly quicker than berba
    better header

of course berba
    is a better passer and better skill
    has an awsome touch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Thompson was talking about whatever match he was watchin (pretty sure it was chelsea) when Charlie Nicolas screams GOOOALLL!
    So the camera jumps to charlie nicolas and thompson screams" AAAA SHUT UP" he ****in roared it!!!

You gotta love PT for his unbiased opinions on all things Steven Gerrard football

And it's a pleasure listening to Lou Macari (also on MUTV staff) when he covers BOTH Man U and Liverpool games because I swear he's not biased at all.:rolleyes:

oh yes, one more clean sheet away from breaking chelseas record? am i right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

you're not wrong stevo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

he is second in the league in assists.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11662_2705370,00.html

and also another point! Tevez was set to come off for welbeck, and then set up the goal.

Rewind to stoke city, Tevez ws about to come off, and then scored the winner!

Tell Tevez hes coming off and he'll do something special!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

not sure on that?
    im just not happy with him tbh

I thought the commentator said he had the most at the start off the match!
    yabadabado wrote: »

Hmm, the commentator said it was 8! I musta misheard him, maybe he said "he's one off the top of 8" or something..

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I though Berbatov did quite well today. He might not be a work horse, but he does link up the play well. I thought Anderson was woeful today. Evans had another excellent game and his partnership with Vidic is getting better with each game they are paired together in.

Here is our goal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Bolton played for 0-0 from the 1st minute and got what they deserved. Bad game, great finish for Utd and really important win. Anderson is going backwards. Scholes and Giggs made a big difference when they came on.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I though Berbatov did quite well today. He might not be a work horse, but he does link up the play well. I thought Anderson was woeful today. Evans had another excellent game and his partnership with Vidic is getting better with each game they are paired together in.

ya i was disappointed with Anderson too,seems he has gone backwards since last season

somthing like Nani

actually did anyone see Anderson go off,he didnt look to happy at all
    didnt wait for his jacket or anything

hopefully he was just disappointed by his performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

ya i was disappointed with Anderson too,seems he has gone backwards since last season

somthing like Nani

actually did anyone see Anderson go off,he didnt look to happy at all
    didnt wait for his jacket or anything

hopefully he was just disappointed by his performance

Yea he's been v poor this season. I still think he has the ability to make it.

I'd be hopeful his reaction was just that he was disappointed by his performance. You could see during the game he was getting v frustrated at himself..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    And it's a pleasure listening to Lou Macari (also on MUTV staff) when he covers BOTH Man U and Liverpool games because I swear he's not biased at all.:rolleyes:

Your spot on, luckily tho i dont support utd, so i dont have to listen to him.

I've got Alan Smith as my unbiased pundit, thing is he's absolute rubber:D so i cant listen to him either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

only got the last 20 minutes thanks to my sky signal goin balls up
    how can ye all complain and single out certain players when everyone from midfield up played sh!te from i what read here, honestly i couldnt really care who played well and who played crap,who scored and who didnt as long as we get 3 points it doesnt really matter!!!
    thats all that counts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We've managed to get 6 points and go top over the last 2 games despite going 180 minutes without scoring.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

galwayrush wrote: »
    We've managed to get 6 points and go top over the last 2 games despite going 180 minutes without scoring.:D

As valid a win as any but remember that when, next season, some United supporters are looking back at the previous season talking about how ye were playing amazing football..

The United team just doesn't look it is going to start clicking anytime soon but there is so many individuals with immense quality, that all it takes is one moment to win the game. Recently, ye have had two or three of those moments and took them while Liverpool just haven't taken theirs (Gerard against Stoke springs to mind).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Great result today.

Plus the result in midweek - very good news. This was always going to be a tough run of games but we've kept the results going our way - good good good!

Bolton defended all day and played for 0-0. That should be taken into account when judging United's performance. We kept possession for long periods and dragged them around the park even if we didn't play brilliantly.

Also we were missing Evra and Rooney today. They are so important to the team when going forward.

I thought Anderson and Carrick played well in the centre today. They had a job to do - win the ball, hold the shape, keep possession and feed the front two and the wide men. They did this. When you consider how little game time Anderson has gotten over the last month his performance today was satisfactory; not spectacular but effective enough. He kept possession and spread the ball around. Carrick was similar. (As a side note I think Anderson needs more game time, his form will only suffer if he doesn't get it. I think that's why he has gone backwards this season. I don't know why Ferguson hasn't played him more.) Carrick was similar.

Scholes and Giggs coming on helped keep the pressure on Bolton when we started to fade.

I think Berbs is a lazy fecker but he definitely adds to our play - great passing, plenty of assists, holds the ball up (though not today, so much) and brings others into play. And he scores important goals.

I wasn't very impressed with Tevez today. But to be fair to him, he got the assist. I think he will improve over the next few weeks while Rooney is out. He'll probably be hitting top form just as Rooney is ready to return :rolleyes:

I'm loving our run of clean sheets recently. Vidic is a legend. If we beat Chelski's record I'll be well chuffed. But actually, I'm not sure that our defence has actually been tested that much in the last while. But all you can do is beat whoever is put in front of you.

I've read a lot of criticism of United's performances recently but the results speak for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I'm starting to seriously question Tevez and the hype. To me, he's looked like a fat Paul Dickov this season. I can't say I blame Fergie for leaving him out.

premuk0.png

nice sight

I'm starting to seriously question Tevez and the hype. To me, he's looked like a fat Paul Dickov this season. I can't say I blame Fergie for leaving him out.

ye i think he ate a few too many cheeseburgers over the summer but hes still a ****in legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Just saw Phil Thompsons reaction to hearing about Berbatovs goal, 20 seconds in. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just saw Phil Thompsons reaction to hearing about Berbatovs goal, 20 seconds in. :D

FYP

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

brilliant

he look gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Excellent, he didn't look happy at all, good man charlie lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well it was too good not to share!

I hope we're still laughing at the end of the season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

I remember alex ferguson had a quote about gary linneker once saying something like he could do nothing for an entire game and still score. Would be apt for berbatov at the moment, at times he looks disintrested, i remember in the match yesterday there was a high ball in for tim towards the goal, he did a pathetic jump to try and head the ball which was more like a hop, had rooney been on the end of that pass he would have assualted the same ball zidane style throwing himself at it.

At the same time though, he does score goals to take united back from the brink of dropping points, which is very important. Would be nice if his goal frequency is increased with rooneys absence though, those goals need to come from somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Sure a striker who did nothing all game except score would have 38 league goals at the end of a season - I'd take it tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement