Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane Classic 1.6L. Need help to open door.

Options
  • 17-01-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭

I need help in opening the rear door on my Renault Magane classic 1999.

The situation is, originally the outside handle when pulled did not open the door. It could only be opened from the inside. Then some idiot (me) engaged the child lock and guess what, closed the door. Now is can neither be opened from the inside or outside.

Is it possible to remove the inside panel with the door closed and if so how? Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

bromley52 wrote: »
    I need help in opening the rear door on my Renault Magane classic 1999.

The situation is, originally the outside handle when pulled did not open the door. It could only be opened from the inside. Then some idiot (me) engaged the child lock and guess what, closed the door. Now is can neither be opened from the inside or outside.

Is it possible to remove the inside panel with the door closed and if so how? Any help is much appreciated.

I doubt you can get at the screws in the door card with it closed. At most youll get the one that holds the inside handle on.

Might be a case of trip to a scrap yard , get a door card and cut the old one to get at the lock. On the plus side, the bar on the outside handle might just have come loose and you may be able to fix both when the card is off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

What you could try OP, is having a look at the pic attached and removing the black rubber seal that is shown with the red arrow...

You should be able to fit some sort of makey up tool* down there to operate the interior door lock from the outside of the vehicle.

Even if you cannot reach or access the interior door lock, there is a small metal rod (like a coat hanger wire), that connects the inner door latch back to the actual door lock and with a bit of patience and jiggling, you'll be able to get some movement on that wire with whatever garget you make up to do the job and you'll be able to open the door.

*My advice to you is to get something along the lines of an engineers rule, something thin and with a bit of length, stick with it and it will work, you could also try going down to your local hardware store and see if they sell threaded bar, this would be strong & long enough to be some use...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Should be able to get doorcard off with the door closed. Fold the rear seat cushion forward to get at the two screws at the bottom of the doorcard. I think there are two other screws - one beside the door pull and one beside the handle. Once all screws are out, carefully run a knife between the edge of the card and the door to unstick it, then carefully prise off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭bromley52

Thanks for all the advice. I will let ye know how I get on.

Advertisement