Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upcoming exhibitions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

The venue was smashing everybody could see the marker was in a perfect position as was the caller having the mic went down well too fair play to the three lads who made it happen wayne colgan joe fitz and of course john kenny also the poster's and tickets where smashing great night looking forward to more soon

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

DFD wrote: »
    Robert Thornton Exhibition

just a few words about the night,unfortunately roberts darts on the night weren't the best,his only human and can have an off night.we've all been there ourselves.
    other than that i thought it was very good night,he was a really nice bloke and a good laugh.
    The venue was spot-on,great pitch,great turnout and a really good atmosphere for the night.I'd like to thank the mc's for the night paddy peacock and ste andrews who done a great job,also the chalkers,fair play to them.
    A big thanks to joe and all the staff in the Silver Tassie,joe gives us great support all year round with the darts and is always keen to help us out.Thanks joe.
    Last but not least a very big thanks to wayne colgan for looking after robert thornton for us.wayne put a big effort into the whole thing and without that it wouldn't have been possible,thanks wayne.

On a different note,we got great feedback on the venue and personally i think joe should be pushing to hold some semi's and finals for the borough league.any feedback from borough players who were there on the night would be appreciated.thanks.

After saturday night i'm really looking forward to John Part coming to the Tassie on the 16th june,this should be a brilliant night.
    Thanks again to everyone who made the night possible.
    cheer's mate although the work's on your side people can knock it but like you say he's only human and he's only new to the exhibition thing, as you realise yourself now mate there's a lot that goes into organising these thing's and until the knocker's do it they wont understand, we have control over every single aspect of an exhibition except the player's dart's and to the people who say robert thornton was either pissed or only there for the drink are far off the mark ,his dart's were no different at the end of the night as to what they were at the start of the night, we've all seen him on sky and know he's an exceptional player. so roll on next one and here's to john and the tassie lad's and ourselves in the igo for putting the effort in and getting these players over for all to see, it give's a great insight to what it'd be like for all us player's to achieve our dream or ambition.

and by the way dont forget the rocket ronnie baxter is landing in the igo inn fri 22nd may will be a cracker with a grand being raffled off and the proceed's of the night going to the blackrock hospice so buy the tickets and support what's a very good cause ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

wayne76 wrote: »
    and by the way dont forget the rocket ronnie baxter is landing in the igo inn fri 22nd may will be a cracker with a grand being raffled off and the proceed's of the night going to the blackrock hospice so buy the tickets and support what's a very good cause ;)

already got a ticket for baxter. should be a great night. was up there for lewis last year, best night of darts i have ever seen. i take my hat off to all the people who bust the hump to set up these expo's fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

Cant wait for J Part to arrive.Dont forget to put me in to play him John:D.
    Wayne are the players picked already to play Baxter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

pm sent to you clive

just a memo lads ronnie baxter is in the igo 22nd may a good night will be had and plenty of pdc merchandise for sale also a 1000 euro draw and the proceed's on the night will go to the blackrock hospice,and i believe the noggin inn have dennis the menace priestly booked i'd love a spot if there's any going and then in my opinion the elite of the pdc john darth maple part in the tassie tues 16th of june first exhibition in two years in ireland :eek: cant wait:o

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Dunno if this has been said, but on top of the Jenkins exhibition in Mountrath Laois on May 28th, Barney will be in Ryan's, Portlaoise in June

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If anyone has any more information on the Priestley exhibition in the Noggin Inn could they post it up please?

That is one I would love to go to!

sorry lads just a memo about the ronnie baxter night in the igo fri 22nd may it's in aid of the blackrock hospice raffle ticket's are available in the igo, a 1000 euro will be on offer on the night all proceed's will go to the hospice, and also a great night will be had by all, and i'm sure the rocket will have plenty of personal merchandise for sale on the night:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MACK DE KNIFE

OK FOLKS 2 TIME WORLD CHAMPION DENNIS PRIESTLY IS CUMING 2 DE NOGGIN INN ON SUNDAY 2ND OF AUGUST, BANK HOLIDAY WK.END TICKETS ONLY 5 EURO, MITE BE A FEW PLACES LEFT CONTACT MYSELF. ANY1 INTERESTED THIS IS GOING 2 BE HUGE, MITE BE OUR LAST TIME SEEN DENNIS, HE IS DUE 2 RETIRE SUMTIME NXT YEAR....:pac::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

sorry lads just a memo about the ronnie baxter night in the igo fri 22nd may it's in aid of the blackrock hospice raffle ticket's are available in the igo, a 1000 euro will be on offer on the night all proceed's will go to the hospice, and also a great night will be had by all, and i'm sure the rocket will have plenty of personal merchandise for sale on the night:)

Wayne any chances of a few outsiders playing!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

OK FOLKS 2 TIME WORLD CHAMPION DENNIS PRIESTLY IS CUMING 2 DE NOGGIN INN ON SUNDAY 2ND OF AUGUST, BANK HOLIDAY WK.END TICKETS ONLY 5 EURO, MITE BE A FEW PLACES LEFT CONTACT MYSELF. ANY1 INTERESTED THIS IS GOING 2 BE HUGE, MITE BE OUR LAST TIME SEEN DENNIS, HE IS DUE 2 RETIRE SUMTIME NXT YEAR....:pac::mad:

I will do anything to play Dennis! I sent ya a pm!

Wayne any chances of a few outsiders playing!!
    sorry mate all full up im afraid :o

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

Cheers bud

Can you tell me how many outsiders you have playing and how many club men are playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MACK DE KNIFE

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I will do anything to play Dennis! I sent ya a pm!
    did u get my pm???????????

Cheers bud

Can you tell me how many outsiders you have playing and how many club men are playing
    there's only five from igo and the rest are from other pubs so it;s opened up all time when they're on and this was advertised months ago so everybody had the chance to play in it,

did u get my pm???????????

I did mate, just going through the finances and I just don't have the money at the moment unfortunately. I'll give you a shout if I do get the money together.

ok lads the order of play for playing against ronnie baxter next fri,
    1. john murray
    2. damo kelly
    3. gavin o toole
    4. tony taite
    5. stephen (armour) armstrong
    6. caroline o toole
    7. robert taylor
    8. wayne colgan
    9. chris boyce
    10 john kenny
    11 andy o toole
    12 tom hennessey
    13 mark ennis
    14 peter taite
    15 wayne mc callig
    16 donal o toole:eek: hard to stay sober mate :D

anybody not happy can swop as long as it's mutual.
    try be there early so we can get it going so we're not stuck for time
    it will be 501 best of three so we dont want to have time issues.
    cheers the draw will be done either half way or after the games
    remember 8 o clock

just to let you's know lad's there will be a pair of tickets for the final of the grand prix in city west raffled off on fri night as an extra draw:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ramblers

just to let you's know lad's there will be a pair of tickets for the final of the grand prix in city west raffled off on fri night as an extra draw:)

how much are the tickets for that draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ramblers

ok lads the order of play for playing against ronnie baxter next fri,
    1. john murray
    2. damo kelly
    3. gavin o toole
    4. tony taite
    5. stephen (armour) armstrong
    6. caroline o toole
    7. robert taylor
    8. wayne colgan
    9. chris boyce
    10 john kenny
    11 andy o toole
    12 tom hennessey
    13 mark ennis
    14 peter taite
    15 wayne the finisher mc callig
    16 donal o toole:eek: hard to stay sober mate :D

anybody not happy can swop as long as it's mutual.
    try be there early so we can get it going so we're not stuck for time
    it will be 501 best of three so we dont want to have time issues.
    cheers the draw will be done either half way or after the games
    remember 8 o clock

thats wat they call him in work thats wat he is a paint finisher :o

ramblers wrote: »
    how much are the tickets for that draw
    not sure mate prob a couple of quid baxters agent running that

lads just like to thanks to all that took part last night it was a great night thank god although im paying the price today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Just a reminder to anyone who fancies a quick spin to Laois this week, Terry Jenkins will be in Woody's, Mountrath, this Thursday night, it's free in and should be a great night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

Did any of yous beat Baxter the other night?

clivebaby wrote: »
    Did any of yous beat Baxter the other night?
    no wins for the mere mortals this time mate a few of us got a leg ok :eek:

dfd whats happening with the part exhibition is it full only 3 weeks away now wont be long coming around

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

just waiting on a few people that played against thornton to comfirm whether they want to play part,should know by the end of the week.lots of interest in this one.it'll be here in no time.

• Advertisement

yeah i cant wait he's meant to be great he just has that presence about him

Advertisement