Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragus piercing - uncomfortable

Options
  • 17-01-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I've had a tragus piercing for 5 years, and for the first 3 I had a CBR in it. However, I decided I no longer liked the look of the ring and wanted a small stud put in instead.

I got a labret stud put in, but it's too long and recently has been really bothering me, especially when I wear earphones.

Do they make shorter studs with flat backs at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Do you know what size it is? (Usual size for a tragus would be 1.6mm or 1.2mm but depending on who did it, it could be smaller or larger).

You can get labret studs as short as 1/4"/6mm fairly easily, but you may want to get it measured just to know what length will suit you. If you get it measured by a piercer they could probably fit you with snugger jewellery.

Here are some labret studs that go down to 1/4":

Threadless labret post- you need to buy special balls/ends for these.
    Internally threaded labret studs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Thanks - think I'll go for the threadless posts, more choice in decoration that way (the one I have used to have a tiny CZ in it, but it fell out after a month)

Are the threadless posts more susceptible to falling out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I wear one in my labret and it never falls out but when you first get it, take a few minutes to bend the ends (by putting them into the post about halfway and then bending them) and making sure you can remove them easily enough (I think there's a guide on the website anyway). They snap together so they're quite secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

hmm. might be difficult to do on the side of my head and all, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

i've a bar in my ragus for nearly a year now ad still have trouble with earphones!!! thats d only problem though, and its able to move quite a bit

• Advertisement
Advertisement