Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway tiles

Options
  • 17-01-2009 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm trying to source subway style tiles but can't seem to find them in regular tile stores. Does anyone know where they are to be found?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Can you send a picture of what your looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the lady

ok, i've attached a photo of a bathroom with a large subway tile, i'd be looking for that type or something similar. just enough for a small splash back, maybe about 20 or so.
    Hope the attachment works!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

This is an american company...dunno if they will ship to Ireland but seeing as your only getting 20 shipping shouldnt be that much!

Or there is this from tubs&tiles, its not the subway 6x3 size

Is it basically a rectanglular tile or an exact 6x3 size?

i think we'll have to get them online, there are a few on ebay aswell. The ones in tubs'n'tiles are a bit too big, the 6x3 would be a s big as i'd want to go.
    thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I might be able to get you a supplier here.
    last year I was involved in a high end project that had similar , if I remember right. PM me to remind me to call the tiler on monday

I might be able to. Not 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

the lady wrote: »
    ok, i've attached a photo of a bathroom with a large subway tile, i'd be looking for that type or something similar. just enough for a small splash back, maybe about 20 or so.
    Hope the attachment works!

I have one and a half boxes of these left over from a bathroom renovation, they are 20c.m. x 10c.m. bought in Nationwide tiles in Liffey valley if you are interested in doing a deal
    Approx 75 tiles...

thanks for that offer, i'll have a look in nationwide tiles this week, if they're the ones I was thinking of I'd be happy to take them off your hands. I'll PM as soon as I've checked it out.
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

B&Q have black or white 10x20cm subway tiles. Not expensive either. We tiled our bathroom with them. They look great IMO.

swaylm8.jpg

mildews wrote: »
    I have one and a half boxes of these left over from a bathroom renovation, they are 20c.m. x 10c.m. bought in Nationwide tiles in Liffey valley if you are interested in doing a deal
    Approx 75 tiles...

Sorry for the delay in replying, finally got out to Nationwide tiles, they are similar to what we're looking for but I think we may go with the black now.
    Going to wait till the summer to decide what we want to do with the bathroom.
    Thanks again for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Black subway tiles, are you sure? I think they look very 1980's public toilet! Sorry!

• Advertisement

Deadly! That's exactly the look we're going for, might add a UV light to stop the cats shooting heroin behind the toilet bowl.

Advertisement