Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

5 Kids Need a proper 7 seater

Options
  • 17-01-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Im trying to source a car for my brother . As above he has 5 kids ( mad i know) and he drives a seat alabhama ( spelling I know) 2006. he wishes to change . What should he buy......... a new Seat would cost 19000 to change into , a peugeot 807 would cost 23000 . he needs 7 proper seats so not willing to consider anything like a scenic . he found the ford galaxy very small boot wise ... What would you suggest to him . Is he mad to consider a grand espace ????:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

One of the finest 7seater estates of modern times is the Volvo v70 TDI.
    It has stood the test of time, easy to drive, easy to service, very reliable and tough as old boots under that well designed stylish exterior. Had two of them in recent years and intend going back there just as soon as I offload my current chariot of Oriental origin. Spent loads of quality time with my kids in V70's and it can be recommended for comfort, reliability, space and economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

does the new v70 have seven seats just looked at it online seemed to have only 5???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Therewas an option in the previous model of two rear facing kids seats in the boot, most probably available on the new model....but think about a Galaxy. I had one for a week from Enterprise on rental, a auto diesel which was a beaut to drive. You can get a 08 model from the North with VRT paid for around €21k....I'm seriously thinking of one when my wife changes her car, just sell hers private and hope it sells!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I suppose the Merc R-Class is above budget so:pac:

Mitsubishi Grandis

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mercedes-Benz/Viano/220-Cdi-/200844190694398/advert

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

mada 5. 2 sliding doors in the rear!! make life very easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

If Mazda, don't touch a diesel - DAMHIK. :mad: :mad:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

What about a 9 seater mini-bus .Renault traffic ,vw shuttle ,opel vivaro .Might be worth a look.If buying second hand make sure it's not an ex taxi.Loads of room and afaik not a lot of difference in insurance rates either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Therewas an option in the previous model of two rear facing kids seats in the boot, most probably available on the new model....

There's not anymore unfortunately. I don't know whether it was a new law or not that prevented Volvo from offering them this time round. All I know is that as an option they were a real selling point on the old V70.

Advertisement