Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90i Shower

Options
  • 17-01-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

My better half is pointing out to me that the shower is not functioning as efficiently as it did before my recent 'repair.' Bottom line is that I didn't bleed it when I'd finished, which I gather I should have. It's not obvious to me where the bleed screw, if any, is located; so, does anybody out there have a copy of the manual, in pdf format, that I might scrounge? Or know where I'd get one? I scavenged the internet, but the model is a bit dated now. To my mind, the darn thing is working fine, but then I don't have as much hair as she does. Gracias de antemano.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Barretts of Maynooth are the Triton service agents in Ireland. They should be able to help -

Barrett's Maynooth Limited

Company Barrett's Maynooth Limited
    Contact Francis Barrett
    Address Dowdstown
    Maynooth
    Co Kildare

Telephone 01 6286371

Fax 01 6286528

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

having problems with my t90i too. I found the triton uk customer service very helpful when asking about their shower range. The t90i is obsolete now but if you email them they might be able to send you the manual: serviceenquiries@tritonshowers.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭skinthegoat

Gentleman,

Thank you both for your input. I've emailed my query to Barretts and to Triton and will look forward to a response next week. I'll keep you posted as to results.

Thanks again,

Alan O'Brien

OK, heard from Triton UK and Barretts Maynooth. Triton could supply motor brushes, as could Barretts, and the latter were cheaper at €13. They sent them by courier and enclosed a copy of the manual. Great service, and the total cost was only €17. The shower seems much better now, but if I've any more problems I'll replace it with a T90XR - Woodies have the 9.5kW one for €256 after my pensioners' Thursday discount. Again, many thanks to you both for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

OK, heard from Triton UK and Barretts Maynooth. Triton could supply motor brushes, as could Barretts, and the latter were cheaper at €13. They sent them by courier and enclosed a copy of the manual. Great service, and the total cost was only €17. The shower seems much better now, but if I've any more problems I'll replace it with a T90XR - Woodies have the 9.5kW one for €256 after my pensioners' Thursday discount. Again, many thanks to you both for your help.

no worries Skin the Goat, glad you got sorted - do you mind if i avail of your pensioners discount down in woodies - I'll just tell the cashier I'm Skin the Goat of boards!:D

• Advertisement

No problem. But remember, in cases like this, your face is your passport.

Doh! i wish i had tried getting the brushes myself 1st before going off and buying the new t90xr. oh well, i have it installed and working now and the t90i was at least 8 years old so guess that even if it was the brushes it would give up the ghost completely at some stage.
    If ye do get the t90xr its not a 100% remove and replace job. You'll have to drill new mounting holes so mind yer tiles!

Thanks for the tip, Scruff; what you say is interesting. Apart from the mounting holes being in a different place, were there any other problems with the changeover? I think I saw somewhere that the water supply connectors were different. Did you find that? How do you find it now that it's in? And lastly, can you beat Woodies' price?

That was probably me saying that they were different in another thread :o
    In the end i used the existing 15mm elbow from the t90i that was already attached to the water pipe and just one of 15mm bolts and compression bands from the new elbow joint that came with the XR. Talked to an installer from Barretts and he said just to make sure to tighten the ****e out of it, so i did.

Couldnt beat the woddies price as i dont have the pensioners' Thursday discount but have a 10% discount card for the Nass Road store so worked out at €269 for the 9.5kW. B & Q have the 8.5kW for €259 and the 9.5kW for €285. I think they also do a pensioners discount so might be worth checking them out.

That's great. Thank you very much indeed for all the help. I'm still not sure whether to replace the darn thing. It's not as good as it was, but if it were just me I'd live with it. However, no price is too high for domestic harmony.

• Advertisement
Advertisement