Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best of intentions.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Best: Old man walking past as me and a friend sit on a wall: Don't sit on that wall you'll get piles.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Best: Old man walking past as me and a friend sit on a wall: Don't sit on that wall you'll get piles.

I don't have enough posts to say thanks, but LMAO, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I guess I mustn't listen to anyone's advice, because the only advice I can remember (from my dad) is to always have a torch, philips head and cross head screwdriver, just in case, so I suppose that's the best advice I've ever been given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Worst: You'd be agreat recruitment consultant

Best: People don't fu€k up on purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

My gran telling me not to do science in college but to join the "service".

Ironically some of the worst advice back then would have served me well now.
    What foresight the old bat had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

My Dad had two great sayings:

You can't educate timber
    You can't shine $hit

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Along the lines of good advice was my grandmother:

"Judge neither linen nor women by candlelight", and from another dear old woman "níor tháinig nimh riamh ón tine" (poison never came from the fire).

From my mother, in the context of my gf worrying over us not getting time together as I was going to start a new job:

"Arra, pay no mind, she'll still want you to foot the bill" (Christ, how true that one was).

Actually this one from a friends mother too "Short and thick does the trick" (Hint: she wasn't talking about baking)

Worst: All that rubbish about not texting after X time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Best advice: some drunk fella inside a pub when i was about 7

drunkard: whats that your drinking youngfella?
    me: orange juice
    drunkard: ORANGE JUICE?? sure that'll rot your guts..:D:D

class.

worst advice: go on sure, stay for one more pint....... numerous times from different people including my own brain.

Advertisement