Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin forerunner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

^ Brilliant, I'll try this tonight. Also @KC - I am running Vista but the problem was resolved on the last night, I'l check the admin settings again though.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

christeb wrote: »
    ^ Brilliant, I'll try this tonight. Also @KC - I am running Vista but the problem was resolved on the last night, I'l check the admin settings again though.

Thanks
    Wherever the icon is located that you use to launch [Garmin Training Centre] Right-click the icon, go to [Properties], click on the [Advanced] button, and make sure [Run as Administrator] is enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

hey folks, new here. Im looking to get a gps watch, mainly for H.R. and essentially for distance track is what i want. I`ve been looking up forerunner 405`s, seem to be the most popular around. Anyone agree-disagree. im not interested in something with a footpod.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

Got a 405CX (the newer model) last week and love it, there were apparent problems with the previous 405 in that the bezel was affected by sweat and rain too easily. I have ran in the pouring rain with the 405CX without locking the bezel and everything was fine. Maybe they have toned down the sensitivity.
    If you can afford it and will use it then it's a no brainer in my opinion.
    No more time wasted planning a run on mapmyrun, it's simply up and out now.
    I got mine on ebay for around E230 including delivery (and including the HRM which counts calories accurately if that is of interest to you).

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

did you buy through a company on e bay? that sounds like great price

• Advertisement

Bought from this guy, I had mine posted to the States and collected it there when visiting. No other connection just a satisfied customer.

$340 including delivery to Ireland so around €245.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Garmin-Forerunner-405-CX-Brand-New-never-opened_W0QQitemZ300328470333QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45ecf8c73d&_trksid=p4634.m332.l1262

Otherwise try elara.ie or handtec.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I got my 405cx from handtec, 265 incl delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I'm still debating in my head on the 310 for the extra battery life - undecided still, no hurry, I'll get by with my Timex.

Sub430 wrote: »
    Bought from this guy, I had mine posted to the States and collected it there when visiting. No other connection just a satisfied customer.
    That is great value. Around 172 for a green 405 without HRM. 250 euro for the 310XT, and 204 euro for the 405xt with HRM (if you can get it delivered to the US and collected from there).

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

I got my 405cx from handtec, 265 incl delivery

That a £ price, right?

• Advertisement

Sub430 wrote: »

No issues I assume with the US mapping system in Europe?

garlad wrote: »
    That a £ price, right?

Wrong

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Nope, works worldwide.

apologies, you are right, I gots confused, mine was £279.43 incl. P & p, I'm quite tired

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    They provide you with the PC Basemap, which is woefully inadequate and out of date, but does give you worldwide coverage (with very little detail). I have another Garmin mapping product installed (City Navigator Europe) which you can also use in the Garmin Training Centre application, and which has great detail.

Alternatively, you can store your run/cycle data in Sportstracks, which uses Google maps online, to show you your routes, or use Garmin Connect (web-based), which also uses the same mapping.

Long story short, no problems with buying in the US.

Can you charge the 405 and 405cx via PC instead of plugging it into the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

Only if there's some sort of adaptor that changes a three pin plug to a usb key or your handy with a soldering iron. (goes home, checks the cable). garlad is quite right, it's a usb key connected into a 3 pin plug adaptor.

Thought the charging clip might have had a usb connector which plugged into a USB Mains Charger. So you had the option of plugging cable straight into PC instead.
    If you know what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭dnjoyce

"Thought the charging clip might have had a usb connector which plugged into a USB Mains Charger"

my 405 does, can charge from wall or pc

• Advertisement

So if you buy one from the states, you could probably pick up a cheap usb universal charger?
    Anyone ever buy one of these?
    I have an old plug with a usb connection from an old blackberry.
    I wonder would that do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

I have an old plug with a usb connection from an old blackberry.
    I wonder would that do the job?

I didn't get my 405 in the states but I do use my Blackberry plug adapter to charge both my 405 and Blackberry when travelling. (cuts down on the number of cables I need to travel with).

I have a Plug in USB charger and also a 12v for the car, I don't have a Garmin, but have used both chargers for multiple devices, BB, MP3, MP4, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

friend going over to states morro , anyone know where u can get good price on garmin 305 forerunner? , lowest price i can find is $199 , i know you can get for bout $150 dollars , he will be able to get in the following places :

libertyville
    vernon hills
    gurnee mills
    lincolnshire

all in chicago illinois

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CHINTO

i know this was some time ago but are you still selling the forerunner

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cc81

holdfast wrote: »
    I am in kerry and i will sell for 100 euro or less if you can find online for less than that.

Hi there obviously that watch is sold , but could you tell me where I could buy 1 in kerry?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

I know Landers in Tralee were starting to do them about a year ago, there is a place in Killarney on Plunkett Street that has a limited selection too, not sure of the name but its across the road from Mikes Takeaway. To be honest, their prices are well off the mark and you would be much better off reading up online and seee what suits you, and then purchase online. Bought mine off amazon at great value and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭eon1208

Got a replacement Garmin Forerunner 405cx and I have never had a problem before pairing with the ant stick to download data. Cant understand that the pop up box saying it has found my device is not appearing.. Am I missing something.. Needed to get something up today..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

murpho999 wrote: »

Pitty you didn't have that link for him back in 2009 :P

Advertisement