Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

megane part

Options
  • 17-01-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

i have been told the reason my megane wont start at times is the tdc Can anyone tell me what this part is and what is it,s function .Car year is 2000
    tm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

tony melia wrote: »
    i have been told the reason my megane wont start at times is the tdc Can anyone tell me what this part is and what is it,s function .Car year is 2000
    tm

It's the flywheel position sensor I think. Costs just under 50 Euro I think...

Very common Megane problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

I have a '00 Meg and have got all parts in the local Motor Factors for the past while, and got a friendly mechanic to help when required. MF's give a great service, and are very well priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

The missus has a 00 1.4 scenic that had an intermittent starting problem, I took out and cleaned the tdc as per the instructions in this thread :http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10062&highlight=scenic+TDC and that solved the problem.

Very easy job to do, pretty easy to get.

I didn't bother replacing the part, just cleaned it. Apparently there are two type's of connectors so check which one yours is before you replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Cleaning it usually does the trick. We have owned lots of Renaults including Meganes and Lagunas, I have cleaned TDCs on a couple of occasions but haven't had to replace one yet.

Advertisement