Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Match Thread

• 17-01-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭

Well I cannot find one of these anywhere so I'll start it with the great news that Blackburn just went 1-0 up with a Benni McCarthy penalty.

Shay Given made a save a short while before that which will certainly be in the running for save of the season.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

looked like Milner just scored with his arm but its a goal 1-1 Villa v Sunderland

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dunne sent off for City...

West Brom 2-0 up, they're starting to get their act together

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dunne doing his best to fuck us over again with another red card :rolleyes:

1-0 through a great strike from Zab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Stoke one up on Chelsea. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jason Roberts we love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-0 Rovers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Dunne doing his best to fuck us over again with another red card :rolleyes:
    How many is that this season?

Delap for Stoke against Chelsea, 1-0 :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

mcshane set for a nervy reintroduction to sunderland football vs Villa now

RED CARD for YOUNG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ashley young sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Ashley Young sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That ruins my fantasy football...

Just looking if everything stays the way it is atm and we win later we'll only be a point behind Villa and Chelsea and 5 off the top.
    Never would have thought that back in November...

• Advertisement

McShane on Gabby...penalty...Barry...goal! 2-1 Viila

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

JFK getting it all wrong, YET AGAIN. Fcuk off you **** with your talk of a lucrative contract.

Butty off with a red.

But no, the happy family Mike Ashley is trying to portray is still intact. :rolleyes:

We are a fcuking shambles of a club. I am begining to warm to the idea of relegation. At least it would give us the chance to get rid of this cancer that is plauging the club, and restart from the ground up.

I can't bear this every week.

OMFG Zaki with THE miss of the season. Two yards out, Hart on the ground, heads over. Unreal.

Charlie wrote: »
    Butty off with a red.

But no, the happy family Mike Ashley is trying to portray is still intact. :rolleyes:

We are a fcuking shambles of a club. I am begining to warm to the idea of relegation. At least it would give us the chance to get rid of this cancer that is plauging the club, and restart from the ground up.

I can't bear this every week.
    They went to pieces very quickly, and losing Butt now is not going to help things.

I'm happy, Big Sam will be a very happy man tonight. Firstly with the 3 points and of course with the fact that it was Newcastle.

Not trying to rub it in Charlie, just stating facts there. No smartness intended.

eagle eye wrote: »
    They went to pieces very quickly, and losing Butt now is not going to help things.

I'm happy, Big Sam will be a very happy man tonight. Firstly with the 3 points and of course with the fact that it was Newcastle.

Not trying to rub it in Charlie, just stating facts there. No smartness intended.

No problem with that mate, the better side won on the day.

Chelski equalise

Belletti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

poxy united... :(

No problem with that mate, the better side won on the day.
    I've said before, I have great time for the Newcastle fans, you have had to put up with a lot of rubbish over the years with bad chairmen and the likes.

I hope it all improves, but Ashley out has to be the first thing.

1-0 win. Phew

• Advertisement

mada999 wrote: »
    poxy united... :(
    Just listening to the results now and they are saying the crowd was roaring handball when Tevez had the ball or something, will make for interesting viewing later on.

Villa third and flying, unreal. They are right in contention, they have to be taken seriously now. They seem to always get there, typical fighting spirit of Martin O'Neill teams.

Chelsea get the late winner as well. Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

2 goals in injury time? Jesus and I thought United were bad... sickeningly unlucky for Stoke... f***king Chelsea :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Lampard.

GOD YES!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

McShane on Gabby...penalty...Barry...goal! 2-1 Viila
    The Sunderland fans must adore McShane. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There's something reassuring about Man Yoo getting a 90th minute winner, Lampard scoring a deflected goal and Newcastle getting hammered. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

dfx- wrote: »
    There's something reassuring about Man Yoo getting a 90th minute winner, Lampard scoring a deflected goal and Newcastle getting hammered. :)

lol... I'd thank this but ya know...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

A few goals from this afternoon
    Bolton 0 Man Utd 1
    Berbatov 0-1
    Chelsea 2 Stoke 1
    Delap 0-1
    Belletti 1-1
    Lampard 2-1
    Hull 0 Arsenal 1 Latest score HT
    Adebayor 1-0

How was that not blown up in the United game?

You've got two fouls, one on Tevez and one on the Bolton player who Tevez pushes to the ground?

I mean you cannot play advantage in that situation, but it looked like the ref was letting both fouls go anyways.

• Advertisement

Hull equalise against Arsenal 1-1

[URL="hthttp://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1977177/tp://"]Goal[/URL]

Arsenal have just gone 2-1 up through Nasri

Game over 3-1

30286kz.gif

West Ham 1 - 1 Fulham

WH took the lead in the 9th with Di Michele from a woeful defensive error

Konchesky just equalised for Fulham with an absolute screamer from the left wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Stunning goal from Konchesky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Nugent scores his 1st Premier League goal for Portsmouth as they take the lead against Spurs,

Brilliant save from James 30 seconds earlier, and a quick throw out from it were crucial factors in the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep James made a great save, being saying it for a while now, Harry's so called impact only lasted about 3 games he is in a relegation fight here and he is not doing well at all at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Spurs and Newcastle to go down?

That'd be gas:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Defoe 1-1

You just knew he'd score today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

1-1

A cracker from defoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Melion wrote: »
    Defoe 1-1

You just knew he'd score today

celebration was a bit classless imo.

• Advertisement

celebration was a bit classless imo.

Why?

His first goal on his home "Debut"

What a miss by Bent!!!!! Rivals Zaki's yesterday IMO

30286kz.gif

We need one of those for Bent now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Does anybody get furious at the sheer ridiculousness of some of Andy Gray's comments? Earlier he actually said, 'The Premier league has more goals than any other league, well, that's not a fact, but I'd be very very surprised if it wasn't true'.

Ya Andy, really strong facts there buddy, the premier league teams have scored roughly 551 (I was using my computers calculator so it's quite possible thats ±10 goals) goals this season, with most teams playing about 21/22 games. La Liga teams have scored 545 games, with most having played 18/19 games.

It's sometimes actually disgusting how little they research anything outside of England, they had the gaul to say Del Piero was taking a leaf out of Ronaldo's book with his free-kicks, clearly Delboy has only started scoring free kicks this year after analysing Cristiano's perfect technique. Also that Aguero may turn into a good player, and that he may infact be involved with Maradonna's daughter... Yes lads, they are having a baby together and are engaged, they 'may' be together alright.

Sorry, I really do enjoy the EPL and enjoy how much more competitive it has become compared to past years, but this sky team pisses me off with its lack of knowledge, reasearch and short sightedness when it comes to anything that isn't PL.

When were they talking about Kun?

When were they talking about Kun?

I think it was after the PSV game, he scored two lovely goals... It was Keys and someone else if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

eZe^ wrote: »
    Does anybody get furious at the sheer ridiculousness of some of Andy Gray's comments? Earlier he actually said, 'The Premier league has more LATE goals than any other league, well, that's not a fact, but I'd be very very surprised if it wasn't true'.

Ya Andy, really strong facts there buddy, the premier league teams have scored roughly 551 (I was using my computers calculator so it's quite possible thats ±10 goals) goals this season, with most teams playing about 21/22 games. La Liga teams have scored 545 games, with most having played 18/19 games.

It's sometimes actually disgusting how little they research anything outside of England, they had the gaul to say Del Piero was taking a leaf out of Ronaldo's book with his free-kicks, clearly Delboy has only started scoring free kicks this year after analysing Cristiano's perfect technique. Also that Aguero may turn into a good player, and that he may infact be involved with Maradonna's daughter... Yes lads, they are having a baby together and are engaged, they 'may' be together alright.

Sorry, I really do enjoy the EPL and enjoy how much more competitive it has become compared to past years, but this sky team pisses me off with its lack of knowledge, reasearch and short sightedness when it comes to anything that isn't PL.

FYP

Soby wrote: »
    FYP

Pointless rant then... Although I'll see if I can prove that one wrong too. :pac: Anyone know where I can get stats like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Why?

His first goal on his home "Debut"

because it was against Pompey - a club he shafted imo. Spurs wanted shot of him and Pompey gave him the chance to prove himself in the league again. 12 months later he is moaning doing his best to get his way out of the club, back to the club that had told him to bugger off previously.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Does anybody get furious at the sheer ridiculousness of some of Andy Gray's comments? Earlier he actually said, 'The Premier league has more goals than any other league, well, that's not a fact, but I'd be very very surprised if it wasn't true'.

He does annoy me at times,

but i think he had the word "late" in there, that the premier league has more goals in the last few minutes than any other league.

Edit: missed the above somehow :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement