Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Match Thread

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

He does annoy me at times,

but i think he had the word "late" in there, that the premier league has more goals in the last few minutes than any other league.

Edit: missed the above somehow :/
    Thats exactly ehat he was on about. Goals scored in the last few mins of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

because it was against Pompey - a club he shafted imo. Spurs wanted shot of him and Pompey gave him the chance to prove himself in the league again. 12 months later he is moaning doing his best to get his way out of the club, back to the club that had told him to bugger off previously.

Exactly. Also, considering he made a big fuss about not celebrating earlier in the season when he scored for Pompey against Spuds, it seems pretty wankerish not to do the same for Pompey.

Horrible little man, playing for a horrible club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Charlie wrote: »
    Exactly. Also, considering he made a big fuss about not celebrating earlier in the season when he scored for Pompey against Spuds, it seems pretty wankerish not to do the same for Pompey.

Horrible little man, playing for a horrible club.

Oh turn it in you bitter little man. He got dogs abuse off the pompey fans today, which contrasts with the warm reception he got from the travelling spurs fans who made the journey to fratton park earlier this season.

Ironic that you dug our fans out for slating keane earlier this season yet expect defoe to respect pompey fans?

What a ****ing joker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,452 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Oh turn it in you bitter little man. He got dogs abuse off the pompey fans today, which contrasts with the warm reception he got from the travelling spurs fans who made the journey to fratton park earlier this season.

Ironic that you dug our fans out for slating keane earlier this season yet expect defoe to respect pompey fans?

What a ****ing joker.

Did he shaft spurs to get his transfer to Pompey? Nope, don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

What a ****ing joker.

I did have a big long winded response as to why Defoe deserved that reaction, but you know what reckless, we seem destined to do this forever. So i'll leave it at that for one evening.

Did he shaft spurs to get his transfer to Pompey? Nope, don't think so.

Some Spurs fans would maintain that he ran his contract down at Spurs with a view to leaving on a free cos he wasn't getting his game.

And I don't know how Pompey have been shafted after they've doubled their money in less than a year.

I did have a big long winded response as to why Defoe deserved that reaction, but you know what reckless, we seem destined to do this forever. So i'll leave it at that for one evening.

Post whatever the fcuk you want, if you want to dig my club out then I'll respond every time. You've some fixation on Spurs, maybe it's because we're a Cockney club (though in fairness, in your parlance that includes anyone south of Birmingham), maybe it's because Woodgate and Modric turned you down to come to Spurs, or maybe it's because the press keep linking us with your unsettled players, I don't know.

All I know is it's becoming tiresome, but I'll do what I need to do.

Meanwhile, maybe Defoe wanted to respond to the death threats he received when news of his impending departure hit the papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Please don't! Oh how I missed this :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Post whatever the fcuk you want, if you want to dig my club out then I'll respond every time. You've some fixation on Spurs, maybe it's because we're a Cockney club (though in fairness, in your parlance that includes anyone south of Birmingham), maybe it's because Woodgate and Modric turned you down to come to Spurs, or maybe it's because the press keep linking us with your unsettled players, I don't know.

All I know is it's becoming tiresome, but I'll do what I need to do.

Meanwhile, maybe Defoe wanted to respond to the death threats he received when news of his impending departure hit the papers?

The phone calls that made him so sick he immediately rushed off and reported it to...the mirror (Home of one of Redknapp's best mates the tabloids). When players come out with **** like this, it is no wonder they abuse. he deserved everything he got to bo honest.

interesting that he talks of his desire to leave the club and yet the reason why he wasn't available for the burnley match was because the contract talks took so long. Apparantly he was demanding a £700,000 "Loyalty" bonus becuase he didn't officially hand in a transfer request. Pompey told him to **** off, so Spurs paid it in the end. Looks like he screwed both clubs.

So glad Nugent scored, there are unconfirmed reports that Defoe was slagging off Pompey, the fans and everything about the city and the club. Crouch told him he may as well **** off becuase he had played the last two goames alone up front, things escalated, Nugent got involved and defoe ended up on the floor with nugent being restrained.

Nugent is now the fans hero:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement