Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Licence Of The Year

• 17-01-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what the best off licence of the year awards are for an off licence to enter. Both for stand alone offies and ones within supermarkets. Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Here is the list

http://www.noffla.ie/Off_Licence_of_the_Year/Default.137.html

But be aware it is a Diageo sponsored event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

World Wide Wines, Waterford has won this before and is an amazing off license.

JPA wrote: »
    World Wide Wines, Waterford has won this before and is an amazing off license.

I have heard good things about the from a few people

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

thanks i've heard of that one alright. but lookin at their finalists it seems to be all dedicated off licences like McHugh's & Redmonds that are winning these awards. Theseres no mention at all of a Super Valu or a Eurospar etc. Don't get me wrong they more than deserve them but i'm talking for the likes of real good offies within supermarkets that stock your Duvels, London Prides, Spitfires etc. Thanks!

tippguy wrote: »
    thanks i've heard of that one alright. but lookin at their finalists it seems to be all dedicated off licences like McHugh's & Redmonds that are winning these awards.
    tippguy wrote: »
    Theseres no mention at all of a Super Valu or a Eurospar etc. Don't get me wrong they more than deserve them but i'm talking for the likes of real good offies within supermarkets that stock your Duvels, London Prides, Spitfires etc. Thanks!

I don't think that association covers supermarkets, there web site said "representing independent off liences through out Ireland" since Super Valu and such are franchise they may not count.

• Advertisement

whats that website address? might be worth a try. you see most of these franchises will only award their 'off licence of the year awards' to shops who buy all their beers from them. So thats why I was trying to check out different ones

http://www.noffla.ie/

Super value as far as I am aware are own by Musgrave, the largest food retailer in the country. So the stocking of these beer maybe a decision from higher up in the corporation and not at a store level

sorry i mis red you, taught you had another website that had a different award. I'm aware of the award the national offie has but as i said its all redmonds etc. that win them. No 80% of super valu's are independetly owned and he buying decisions rest with the store owner/ off licence manager. they must stick to certain guidelines like buying 90% of products from musgraves and stick to musgraves pricing policy but anyone challenging for such awards must go against these guidelines as they wouldn't even have the likes of bishops finger, coopers in their warehouse. And then the fact that your not buying from them means you won't win any super valu offie of the year award. so its a loose loose situation. well obviously apart from the profits cause your buying cheaper but it would be nice to get a bit of recognition all the same!!!

Advertisement