Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garmin nuvi 775T using outside car / battery power

Options
  • 17-01-2009 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

hi folks, have a nuvi 775T gps, its excellent, got it as it has the usa maps loaded,

i want to bring this on holidays with me, and use while out and about in the usa, bought the wall charger kit, to charge while not using it in the car...

is there such a thing as a usb, battery that you could attach to the gps to use while out and about? i think the stated battery life is 4hrs, while running on battery alone.

but an external power supply that you could attach via usb would be handy.. for use while out of the car...

i have a 60csx handheld also but prefer the big screen on my 775

found this batery pack, http://www.tekkeon.com/products-mobile-pwr.html wonder if this would suit?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Any mobile power pack which is able to charge an iPod will also work with a Nuvi, it's 5V DC and if it charges an iPod it will charge a Nuvi so go for it.

Advertisement