Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which network is best?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

I have found on my PDA that the connectivity icon does sometimes revert to GPRS rather than 3g (which I assume implies I'm on voda). But it is a bit sporadic, I'm at home now and have no data coverage on the PDA with either 3g or GPRS - even though it is there usually (on 3).

But I definitely have had data via gprs while using a 3 sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    It doesn't automatically give you the lowest price for your usage, you have to pick a ratio in advance........i think. If i'm wrong that plan would be a lot better than i thought. Can anyone confirm for certain?

You do not have to pick any ratio. You get what are called flexi units. For every minute you talk you use up 1 flexi unit and for every 3 text messages you send you use another unit (you get a seperate allowance for 3 to 3 calls, unlimited on the top 3 tariffs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Walkman wrote: »
    You do not have to pick any ratio.

lol, i think he already knows that, rather you than me point it out:)

lol, i think he already knows that, rather you than me point it out:)

Well if he knows it then he should state it, thats the top hole point of the RELAX plans, there is no pre defined usage pattern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Well if he knows it then he should state it, thats the top hole point of the RELAX plans, there is no pre defined usage pattern

As dm says i already know that :)

You get 350 flexi units but do you just sign up as that or do you tell them how many of the units you want for calls and how many for texts?

Or do i just use my phone and after the month they see how many minutes and texts i used and assign the units to calls and texts in a way that would minimise the bill?

ie are the flexi units preassigned or post assigned?

• Advertisement

You do not have to predefine your usage. You keep track of your flexi units throug my 3 on the phone. You monthly bill is for the bundle of flexi (and any out of bundle charges you may incur if you use up the flexi units)

You do not have to predefine your usage. You keep track of your flexi units throug my 3 on the phone. You monthly bill is for the bundle of flexi (and any out of bundle charges you may incur if you use up the flexi units)

ah right i misunderstood how that tariff worked so :)

It's the slider on the website that threw me. i thought you had to pick a ratio on that slider before you signed up

I too thought you had to "select the slider" when you signed up

Patrickof wrote: »
    I too thought you had to "select the slider" when you signed up

You put your normal usage into it and that suggests which plan you should be on then will give you the saving v's the other networks but you dont stick to that usage. The great thing about the relax plans are you use your units to suit you month by month. Your units go down in accordance with how you text or call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Patrickof wrote: »
    Thanks for that Sam.

been using a jailbroken 1st gen iphone on voda with relatively no problems.

Might investigate a bitmore then.

For those of you debating the usage of an iPhone on 3, have you failed to notice it's a 1st Gen iPhone? So, if you're in an area where you can't roam onto Vodafone, or you ever go to one, you'll have no coverage? Also, does the 1st Gen iPhone read USIMs?

• Advertisement

Adro947 wrote: »
    For those of you debating the usage of an iPhone on 3, have you failed to notice it's a 1st Gen iPhone? So, if you're in an area where you can't roam onto Vodafone, or you ever go to one, you'll have no coverage? Also, does the 1st Gen iPhone read USIMs?

I did indeed fail to notice that. If it's not a 3g iPhone then 3's right out the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I did indeed fail to notice that. If it's not a 3g iPhone then 3's right out the window

My 3 sim works in a 5310 - (non 3G phone) but I rarely use the sim!

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    My 3 sim works in a 5310 - (non 3G phone) but I rarely use the sim!

yeah 3 sims will work in some 2g phones but you couldn't realistically use it as a main phone because you wouldn't get any coverage in most of the country

Well spotted there Adro947 - I'd completely missed that.

Advertisement