Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking classes in cork

Options
  • 17-01-2009 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Would any one know of any cooking classes cork?
    Looking for more of a learn new recipies class rather than
    How to cook an egg and also that is for a bit of fun.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

best way to learn new skills is start of small with an essyish recepie and do that see how it goes and build. For me playing in thte kitchen is about makeing a mess, over cooking and genrall experemtation, I think its the best way to go about it because then you leanr how not to do things or some times how to do somehting that in the future will be vailuble cooking class's sound hellishly boreing with no life in them every ones quite as they tentiivly do things its just not confidance enspiring...

How i leanre dhow to cook a lot of things was working in kitchens but gaining knwolages of recipies etc is watch stuff bye mr stein hes probably your best bet or, watching tv chef programs...

to me the bast cooking class's are loud dance music a cubaord full of ingredents and just get dammm creative :)......

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

heya, i went to a few courses in brenans cookery school which is on oliver plunkett street and they were good. also went to ballymaloe which was excellent as well but pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

a lot of the adult education classes have them for beginners and intermediate. one of the girls in work did the brennans one and thought it was crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ohm-ed

Thanks for the replys guys and girls ;)ya was only really looking for something to do with the girlfriend maybe once a week for a few weeks for a bit of fun making sauces or nice dishes... but their seems to be nothing like this around. My sister does it with my daughter every weekend but they dont do adult ones as far as i know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The IT's around the country do night classes in cookery, a few differaint options, the chefs are all very good teachers and you lot a lot very quickly.
    You also learn why stuff works rather than just a few recipies, which is what you'd learn in most cookery schools.

• Advertisement
Advertisement