Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do I stick back rear view mirror?

Options
  • 17-01-2009 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Could anyone advise me how I could get the damn r.v. mirror back up on the windscreen of my ford mondeo? I've tried superglue to no avail. It's breakin me heart! The mirror is quite heavy actually and just won't stay up. It's also very annoying, and dangerous, driving without one. Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

Maybe drop into a local car glass place ,they have stuff there that they use when replacing a windscreen.Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

61067.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

dsane1 wrote: »
    Maybe drop into a local car glass place ,they have stuff there that they use when replacing a windscreen.Good luck.

Thanks for that, good idea! theres one quite near me I'll try them on Moday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Did you support the mirror while the glue cured? It might take hours for the glue to cure enough to hold the mirror's weight. To support the mirror you could wedge it against the seats/dash/floor using a plank of wood etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Many thanks to all for posting solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I had the same issue. Got a stick on one (suctioncup) in local motor factors until I had a chance to fix it properly. Did the job as a temporary fix, it was extremely un-nerving driving without a rear-view mirror.

A pigeon busted my windscreen a few days later so it was replaced with the windscreen.

Advertisement