Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just found metal in my pre-packed mince..

Options
  • 17-01-2009 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,
    I was about to cook some burgers for the family and spotted a metal shaving , about 2mm squared and sharp. It's in a pre-packed mince from a large shop. I'm really looking for advice on what I should do with this? I called the manager in the shop and he has asked me to bring it over to him.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Eh, bring it back to him and see what he says?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

bring it back to the manager and he should give you a replacement for the mince. If not then he will give a refund. That's about all he can do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

swingking wrote: »
    bring it back to the manager and he should give you a replacement for the mince. If not then he will give a refund. That's about all he can do

Exactly thats all he is obliged to do. if you wish to go futher tell him you want to make a formal compaint which will include the producer which might get you a small bit more.

I was told before by an internationl brand in Ireland that if you found a foregin body in a food stuff there is a max payout of £15(punts) at the time however if you consumed it then it can get massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Remember we found a hard black pea inside a tin of peas, send it back, and the nice people sent a brown box of every type of produce produced. T'was fun sampling them :D This was back aout 10 years ago, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If you go to the shop all you’ll get is a refund or a replacement.

I say go the manufacturer.
    You won’t get money but you’ll get loads of the product and maybe vouchers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I once found a dead fly sprayed gold in a bowl of well known breakfast cereal. Have never managed to eat them since. :(

Still- the metal sounds dangerous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Hi OP,
    How did you get on with this? What was the outcome?

Advertisement