Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carphone warehouse et al Rip Off Merchants

• 17-01-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Quoted 250 odd euros for parrot ck3200 bluetooth car kit from carphonewarehouse in cork. Bought it for 110 euros from amazon shop, alsoi a sat nav for 150 euro when argos have it for 300 and halfords for 255. I don't even bother to lookm at the shops here now as they are a pure rip off, it's amazing thatb they sell anything at all. When people see sense and start to value their hard earned cash they'll see sense and go online too and these greedy shops can just get what they deserve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Does the Carphonewarehouse price include installation and the Amazon one doesn't by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭BMurr

No, carphone warehouse was just the box over the counter, installation extra. What a con.:eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

BMurr, good job, you as a consumer used your brian to shop around, that however does not make a companys higher price theft, con, etc it just means they charged higher for whatever the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

You cant really compare online prices to the ones in store.
    Online doesnt have as many overheads, electricity,staff,maintenance, SERVICE. What you going to do if that carkit is faulty after 2weeks or even 6months? If you got it in a mobile store like Carphone warehouse it will be swapped out. But because you went all cheap and spent your money in a different country which just shows your one of these who add to the demise of our economy you are now left with faulty carkit and nobody wants to listen to you moan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    Online doesnt have as many overheads, electricity,staff,maintenance, SERVICE. What you going to do if that carkit is faulty after 2weeks or even 6months? If you got it in a mobile store like Carphone warehouse it will be swapped out. But because you went all cheap and spent your money in a different country which just shows your one of these who add to the demise of our economy you are now left with faulty carkit and nobody wants to listen to you moan.

Having paid Half of what the Car Phone Warehouse wanted, I'd say fu** it and buy a second one online again @ 110 euro, if presented with your case above. 140 euro worth of service?! please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

I have a policy with CW. I don't shop there because of 3 different incidents of lack of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭BMurr

Blue_Wolf wrote: »

I ended up buying two kits, one online for myself at half the carphone warehouse price. the other fior a friend I picked up in Uk from Carphone warehouse shop for slightly over the online price. Irish CW was practically charging twice what its Uk counterpart was charging, both are shops, both have overheads, both use electricity,both presumably provide same service as each other, however one has a savvy group of customers always with an eye for a bargain ( I lived in Uk for a few years and the english have an eye for a bargain and getting by on the cheap, probably a legacy of WW2 rationing etc), and the other has a group of customers with more money than sense( will that change now?).

Advertisement