Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rechargable batteries and charger

• 17-01-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭

I want to buy rechargable batteries and a charger. will be using them for my keyboard,mouse and remote controls etc.has anyone got any recommendations for somewhere to buy good quality batteries.i have looked at a few different sites but tbh im not sure what batteries to look for.i saw this on another thread
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=217809#Download it comes with AA batteries .anyone have this one or similar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭silversurfer

I bought a Uniross Universal 320 charger a couple of years ago, it works for Ni-MH amd Ni-Cd types of rechargeables. It's an excellent charger and takes AAA, AA, C, D and 9v batteries.

Lidl have one on their specials on 22nd january. I don't know what it is like, but it looks ok from the photo.

I usuall buy the batteries from 7dayshop as they have Hama and their own brand which have High mAh values, which basically mean they last longer.
    I have AAA with 1000mAh from them and they last ages, I wouldn't bother with anything less than 900mAh for the AAA
    I have AA with 2800mAh from them and they last ages, I wouldn't bother with anything less than 2500mAh for the AA
    I also have D and C cells I got from Lidl ages ago, they work fine.

Rgds,
    s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I also have a Uniross charger which I find excellent. I bought a load of D and C cells from Lidl and I was disappointed with the performance of some of them- they failed to hold a charge, so for my money I'd stick with a recognised brand of battery. I have bought both Uniross and Everready rechargeables which are very good. In general the charger and batteries are an excellent investment and it's good to know I'll never be without a battery for my equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

back in the good old days Maplin used to have an 8-battery AA charger but it's gone now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I I bought a load of D and C cells from Lidl and I was disappointed with the performance of some of them- they failed to hold a charge, so for my money I'd stick with a recognised brand of battery.

Likewise, I had problems with the Lidl (Tronic) batteries. One didn't work from new and another has stopped charging at all with very little use out of it. No probs with the charger tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭silversurfer

The new batteries in Lidl are much better than the old ones from last year.
    The AA ones were 2100 mAh, they are now 2500 mAh (the once on sale in lidl last week)
    2500 is nice, means they will last longer in your device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone ever tried the new battery chargers that can recharge standard disposable batteries? ebay example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

gman2k wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone ever tried the new battery chargers that can recharge standard disposable batteries? ebay example

I have had a similar one to this for a few years. I have found that while it does work and will recharge ordinary batteries, they lose their original capacity very quickly, and you can only recharge them a couple of times to ever decreasing capacities. So IMHO it is a waste of time and you should just stick to using rechargeable batteries as they are cheaper in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I suppose if you had a load of old batteries lying around and you got 10 charges out of each battery it might be worthwhile, you would probably get back the cost of the charger. As it charges both disposable and re chargeable batteries it would be worth having.

Advertisement