Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Mobile Broadband..download allowance.

• 17-01-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What are peoples experiences with the 02 download allowance. Mine is 10GB per month..

Has anybody gone over this? Are you gettting charged?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

I'm confused by your other post...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055464609

Have you dsl or mobile broadband?

If you haven't been charged for going over your cap on mobile broadband I'm surprised that you haven't gotten charged for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

BNC wrote: »
    I'm confused by your other post...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055464609

Have you dsl or mobile broadband?

If you haven't been charged for going over your cap on mobile broadband I'm surprised that you haven't gotten charged for it.

I have both..I use when mobile when im away at college. I remote desktop into my server at home to download stuff..then collect it all when I go home.

I'm still in my first month of mobile bb but I don't plan on ever going over it...they charge you crazy money if you do. I was just wondering do they actually charge you for it or is it just like DSL broadband..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Very often they charge you.

watty wrote: »
    Very often they charge you.

It seems to be like okay..implemented in a number of ways according to another post I saw here about an hour ago..cant find it now though:o

some people report a 3 strikes and your out style rule..after 3 months of exceeding usage they will charge you.

you may exceed usage once in a while as long as it is not by too much, 1 or 2 gigs maybe.

Another thing to note is that the month does not always start on the first. I got connected on the 31st December 2008 and I asked o2 when my month starts for data usage and I was told the 13th..?? Does this make sense? As long as I know when it starts its okay I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

See here.

Although O2 have been fairly liberal in their 3-strikes policy, I wouldn't count on it, as they are perfectly entitled to charge you for any and all cap breeches. My cousin went over his cap one month, by 5GB, and was immediately told to stop, or face charges. He broke the cap again one time, and was charged.

In short, on the 3G midband, don't break the cap. It's not as forgiving as DSL or FWA.

My month to month on O2, goes from the 10th. It'll depend on your billing cycle, and you can check that on the website, just log in and check your usage stats. Once you know what it is, you've no worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I think back in the day o2 were charging 39.99 per month and 3 were charging 19.99 they were more kind when it came to enforcing the caps. Things have changed now since they are both charging 19.99 and charging for going over the limit is a way to make extra revenue on chancers which is perfectly acceptable.

The problem with 3G is if you are in an area where its the only available "broadband" all it takes is a few abusing it to make it unusable for the rest. Many evenings on my o2 connection I was lucky to be able to stream a youtube video.. But now I have real broadband... It's amazing...

X

Xcellor wrote: »
    The problem with 3G is if you are in an area where its the only available "broadband" all it takes is a few abusing it to make it unusable for the rest. Many evenings on my o2 connection I was lucky to be able to stream a youtube video.. But now I have real broadband... It's amazing...
    X

I agree, but mabe if people were to download at night it should be ok..

I've noticed that my connection is crap everyday from 5PM-12AM outside these hourse its pretty sweet..

Advertisement