Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked iPhone Sim problems

• 17-01-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

I have managed to jailbreak and unlock an iPhone I bought recently. After I had unlocked it I installed the Sim card I want to use and it worked fine on Vodafone. That was yesterday. However, all day today I have had 'No Service' in the top left corner. I have tried inserting an O2 card and then reinserting the vodafone card, now it tells me 'Invalid Sim'. Anybody know what the problem might be? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Had this problem too today, I fixed it by turning off the pin lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

There are pages of info on the dev team blog, from the people who made yellowsn0w, have a look there.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

Had this problem too today, I fixed it by turning off the pin lock.

This doesn't work for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Eoin Macollamh

CyberDave wrote: »
    This doesn't work for me anyway.

Are you using Yellowsn0w 0.9.6?

Are you using Yellowsn0w 0.9.6?

Yes, yellowsn0w 0.9.6. Seem to have found the answer. Turn on airplane mode and then turn off the phone. When you turn it back on, it will regain service in the top left corner.

• Advertisement

I have searched everywhere for an answer and tried all of the suggested solutions I have found on Google but cannot solve the problem. I have had to restore my iPhone and rejailbreak it. Now when install yellowsn0w 0.9.8 and insert my vodafone card I just keep getting the 'Invalid Sim' message. The Sim isn't locked. What am I doing wrong? I have tried reinstalling yellowsn0w a few times to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

You haven't upgraded the firmware to 2.2.1 by any chance?

If you haven't then DO NOT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stream

666bxg wrote: »
    You haven't upgraded the firmware to 2.2.1 by any chance?

If you haven't then DO NOT!!

I'm going to buy a new iphone in the next few weeks that I will need to unlock. Is there any chance the iphone will come with firmware 2.2.1?

On the basis that it doesn't, is there anything else I need to look out for when first unlocking a brand new iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Stream wrote: »
    I'm going to buy a new iphone in the next few weeks that I will need to unlock. Is there any chance the iphone will come with firmware 2.2.1?

On the basis that it doesn't, is there anything else I need to look out for when first unlocking a brand new iphone?

Yes there is a real chance the newer iPhones will ship with the latest firmware, no real way of telling unfortunately from outside the box.

I'd keep an eye on the forums regarding this. Also keep checking the iPhone dev team for an unlock for 2.2.1

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

are you getting this error. See attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭lau1247

sorry for thread jacking..

I'm gonna buy an iphone tomorrow.. but i still have concerns..

O2 stated on their website, attempt to unlock it may render the phone unusable (Something along the line of that, you get the idea)

Did that happen to anyone?? or is it just something minor like missing some features specifical for O2

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

lau1247 wrote: »
    sorry for thread jacking..

I'm gonna buy an iphone tomorrow.. but i still have concerns..

O2 stated on their website, attempt to unlock it may render the phone unusable (Something along the line of that, you get the idea)

Did that happen to anyone?? or is it just something minor like missing some features specifical for O2

There is a very small chance you can brick the phone but this is unlikely these guys writing the unlock software know what they are at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭lau1247

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    There is a very small chance you can brick the phone but this is unlikely these guys writing the unlock software know what they are at.

true.. they are really good at it from what i've read..
    still it's hard to believe that it could potentially be bricked

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

As your using a different sim you need to re activate the handset through Itunes like you did in the initial activation of the .. this should work for you:D

Advertisement