Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving- how long?

Options
  • 17-01-2009 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Just wondering but how fast can you go from applying for a driving test in Oz to getting a driving test/ licence? I have no licence here.

On a related note, any type of organisation there that makes ID that is accepted by pubs/clubs there? When I was over on holiday I used my expired passport, but if I lose it I dont fancy carrying my real one out whilst abroad.

And finally (completely unrelated) can you always be sure there is a pub in Sydney with coverage of Ireland international football? I know the EPL is well covered, and they even showed the Ireland vs Poland friendly when I was there (I was too wrecked to get up for it :) ). Is there always one channel showing the matches?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

shane86 wrote: »
    Just wondering but how fast can you go from applying for a driving test in Oz to getting a driving test/ licence? I have no licence here.

You must complete 120 hours(Victoria) proven driving on your L plates to progress to a P plate which you could possibly swap for a Irish one.

There is a test to get the Ls as well.

Consult Vicroads for more info and the internet for other states

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

shane86 wrote: »
    On a related note, any type of organisation there that makes ID that is accepted by pubs/clubs there? When I was over on holiday I used my expired passport, but if I lose it I dont fancy carrying my real one out whilst abroad.

http://www.keypass.com.au/

Advertisement