Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon D5

• 17-01-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I was using the canon 400 D an excellent simple easy to use camera.
    I got amazing shots with it every time ,Now I have the daddy for the Canan D5 and my images are no were near the same ?? what is going on
    bigger really does not mean better

has any one had is happen ,I just spent a load of cash on the camera and len's and I am not happy with the results ..

yarddog

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Are you/do you;

a) shooting RAW

b) shooting JPEG

c) know how to over and underexpose to effect

d) post process the photographs

e) use the less simple, but more intuative settings on the camera, AV, TV, etc to effect

Just because you've spent more money dosn't mean you'll take better pictures, you've still got to work towards that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Moving this to the General Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

It scares me that people spend a large sum of money on these cameras and don't know the name lol!

Any way op could you link us to a photo from the 5D?from the camera with no processing just incase your post processing program removes the exif we'll be able to see where you're going wrong hopefully..

Were you shooting auto on the 400D?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 yarddog

here is a pic I took yesterday
    I am pretty sure I got the hang of most settings but bare in mind
    it is all new to me

Ricky dont be scared file will not upload
    my stuff is at
    www.myspace.com/bibaphotolounge

thank you for replying

• Advertisement

I have done all of this ?
    a) shooting RAW

b) shooting JPEG

c) know how to over and underexpose to effect

d) post process the photographs

e) use the less simple, but more intuative settings on the camera, AV, TV, etc to effect

Just because you've spent more money dosn't mean you'll take better pictures, you've still got to work towards that.[/quote]

Ricky91t wrote: »
    It scares me that people spend a large sum of money on these cameras and don't know the name lol!

Any way op could you link us to a photo from the 5D?from the camera with no processing just in case your post processing program removes the exif we'll be able to see where you're going wrong hopefully..

I was using P and M on the 400 d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

yarddog wrote: »
    I was using P and M on the 400 d
    Right, well that makes no sense in context of what you replied to...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

What aspect of the 400D was limiting you so that you required a 5D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I think she just deleted the part where i asked what mode was she using on the 400D

I swearched the name on your site,and found your flickr if you don't mind can i link everyone here to the image so they can see it..

I was looking at "IMG_0291" on your flickr page and the exif shows iso 1250 and a shutter speed of 1/15

What exactly do you fond wrong with the images?

• Advertisement

!! can you be a bit more articulate please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

If you shoot Jpeg on the 5d it will not fulfill its purpose but if you shoot RAW and adjust afterwards the image quality will be far better.

Advertisement