Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i the only person going to tralee IT in 2009.

Options
  • 17-01-2009 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

I know that its not the most popular place in ireland... but i dont want to be alone in college...lol...

so if you are going or atleast thinking of going here leave a comment..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

well i probably am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

sr. kila wrote: »
    I know that its not the most popular place in ireland... but i dont want to be alone in college...lol...

Didn't even know such a place existed:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I knew it existed, seems some of the people who live nearby dont have the highest opinions of it though.

I'd say its grand tbh:)

Good luck OP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was thinking about it as they look like they have some good IT courses, but it would mean moving from Dublin which I'm not bothered with. Computer Science in DIT it is so.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was going to go for a media broadcasting course they have down there but my mam said no :pac:

Honestly I don't think I could deal with not being in a big city, DUblin's too small as it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Bitta TIT?

Nah, not for me personally.

ya sais da person from sligo..................

well wats wrong with da it den............... personally i think people only go to uni because of snobbery...

the courses are the exact same....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

well wats wrong with da it den............... personally i think people only go to uni because of snobbery...

Thought IT's gave only level 6/7 degrees whereas NUI's gave level 8's.

(hope you know what I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The facilities arent, the international recognition isnt, the quality of teaching isnt, I could go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hello100

Are ya Male or female ????????????????/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

There is nothing wrong with IT's. They just cater for a different type of learning then what I want in 3rd level. My own local ITSligo is one the county's jewels imo. Fantastic facilities, great camaraderie, good decent qualifications and local intelligent staff. If I wasn't from Sligo and wanted to do accounting for example, I'd take the accounting course in ITSligo over say Commerce and Accounting in NUIG.

I have no snobbery when it comes to ITs, just it's impossible to find one that has an Irish & Philosophy course.

I also wanted to get the fact that Tralee IT has a rather funny acronym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭li@mo

Sligo Higher Institute of Technology............Hmmm........S.H.I.T

Im only messing of course........i was a student there..........great craic altogether but for anyone going there some of the courses are a bit ridiculous and should be avoided

Thought IT's gave only level 6/7 degrees whereas NUI's gave level 8's.

(hope you know what I mean)
    na ITs now have level 8 and postgrad aswell. they are basically the same as uni now

na ITs now have level 8 and postgrad aswell. they are basically the same as uni now

Both Universities and Institutes of Technology offer the same degree levels. It just depends on what you want: ITs generally focus on the practical and applied side of things; while Universities typically offer a more well rounded learning experience.

But, I'm painting that with a large brush. Unless prestige matters to you, they're basically the same. Although, a degree from a university may be looked upon with greater respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm from Killarney and I've a few friends that go to Tralee IT and like it there. Personally, I would hate to go to the place. Simply because it's too close to home and well, I hate Tralee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

nah sorry u'll prob be there on your own next yr.

Yes, because the college has a grand-total population of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Is your sole objective to piss off as many prople as you possibly can with every post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

it wud appear so wouldnt it?:rolleyes:

it wud appear so wouldnt it?:rolleyes:

Just stop trolling threads. I've seen numerous replies you've given to OP's questions where you do nothing but troll. Either be helpful or don't be anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement