Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this bogus or am I onto a winner?

Options
  • 17-01-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys.

Was patrolling Carzone in work, and came a across a bargain Type R Integra, 99, English Spec for a reasonable price. Been looking for one of these for a while.

So I tried ringing him, but the number was wrong, so lashed off an email to him.

Got this back.
    First i will like you to know that the car is in excellent shape, it's never had any accidents, no scratches, no dents, it's got the original paintwork, no pets, non-smokers, the engine has never been repaired. The car runs like new and never had problems with it. At this moment I am out of the country due to my job with Shell E&P International and I have started a new contract for the next two years in Spain in a manager position.I cannot use the car here because it's quite hard to drive an UK car with the steering wheel on the right side, and this is also one reason that i want to sell it so i can buy a new one with the wheel on the left side.(The car is here with me in Spain)
    The car still got UK papers I didn't registered here in Spain so you can import it in your country with no problems.
    If you don`t have the possibility to pick up it then I will be glad to arrange a shipping and I will support all shipping cost.
    I can arrange the delivery to your country and you will have 5 days to inspect it before I will receive the payment and in this way both of us will have the assurance that we need.
    Feel free to email me if you have any questions at all.

Morgan Robert Alan.

What do we think? Scam or legit? My first impression was "Buggah!!!" But now, I'm "Hmmming, maybe?"

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its smells of scam to me mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

scam!!
    Keep looking mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

At this moment I am out of the country due to my job with

Is all you need to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Hi Guys.

Was patrolling Carzone in work, and came a across a bargain Type R Integra, 99, English Spec for a reasonable price. Been looking for one of these for a while.

So I tried ringing him, but the number was wrong, so lashed off an email to him.

Got this back.

What do we think? Scam or legit? My first impression was "Buggah!!!" But now, I'm "Hmmming, maybe?"
    Any links dude on Carzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

He says he is in Spain and brought the car there from England, one would assume he lived in England or spent a lot of time there (enough to buy that car), but the spelling and wording is sh*t, same use of words as the "I have 20 mil in the bank and just need a 5000 deposit from you to get it out" scammers.

Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭LoveDucati2

ha ha ha, run away you fool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Thats what I was figuring. Just went looking for the link there now and its gone. Sod that for tiddlywinks.

Oh well. Guess its the focus for another while. Unless anyone knows of either a Type R teg English Spec or a VTI Civic coupe with a type R front for handy bucks. (I know, I know. But I want to own a reasonable Coupe before I have to go and put a child seat in.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Why do we even bother with the scam thread I wonder?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement