Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting Laptop to TV using DVI-HDMI?

• 17-01-2009 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

I posted over in the Home Entertainment but no answer so far.

I have a laptop but it doesnt have a HDMI port but i have a DVI port. I was searching the web and found a DVI to HDMI cable but as i understand it will only display the picture. The next problem is getting sound through or did i read this incorrectly?

I'm hoping some can help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ya the solution to that depends on your telly but if it has a hdmi port i presume its fairly new the solution to that is this cable its what i use i have a setup which will be the same as yours
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=108381

its a sound cable minijack it goes from a headphone connection on comp to the rca type connection on the telly hope this helps be aware of the different lenghts you can buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Ya the solution to that depends on your telly but if it has a hdmi port i presume its fairly new the solution to that is this cable its what i use i have a setup which will be the same as yours
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=108381

its a sound cable minijack it goes from a headphone connection on comp to the rca type connection on the telly hope this helps be aware of the different lenghts you can buy

The tv is a Samsung series 6. This cable and DVI-HDMI it should all work fairly straight forward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

for me its just a case of switching the tv to the correct channel for me its HDMI 1 or HDMI2 on my tv you can connect the audio to correspond to either hdmi connection on the back of the tv yours should be the same.
    It should be straightforward any problems would prob be on the laptop end but there no way to know till you connect . do you have a graphics card in the laptop i know ati graphics card have good support for this connection to tv.
    hope that helps ya

Advertisement