Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I finally got my EOS 1000D!!! :D

• 17-01-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

And i finally got my first SLR and after getting more familiarized with the functions, here are the first few decent pics i took of the random things i could find...
    Feel free to lemme know what you think...

Some flowers:
    IMG_0133-1.jpg
    and a different point of focus
    IMG_0134-1.jpg

Some rain drops:
    IMG_0138.jpg

And having fun with long exposure times:
    IMG_0155.jpg

All pics taken with the kit 18-55IS lens.
    Well, i'm just starting out so they're nowhere close to the quality of pics i see here... But well, hopefully i can get there soon!!
    Oh and do you guys think the pics aren't quite sharp enough...??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ummm awful soft for somw reason? no a canon man but is the kit lens like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

I guess I'm in the same boat as yourself mate, I only got my first camera on friday, a nice Nikon D60, I'm still figuring out how to use it though . . . .

Some nice pics there though ! ! ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

No the kit lens is generally ok, I think the weaker picture is #1.
    #2 the change of focus one for instance as it fairly in focus whereas #1 and its focus one it is most def soft.

Glad you liked the Camera, lots to learn which is def the fun bit because I still remember that post that Elvin posted last year where she was close to giving it up because she had achieved everything she wanted (something similar anyway)

Advertisement