Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Message

Options
  • 17-01-2009 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

main_mess.png

I've been seeing the above today at random intervals, a page refresh solves it each time. Not a big problem but thought i'd report it to be on the safe side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Sherifu wrote: »
    main_mess.png

I've been seeing the above today at random intervals, a page refresh solves it each time. Not a big problem but thought i'd report it to be on the safe side.

Still getting this message - a few minutes ago.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I got it a few times last night. Think I got it once today but I haven't seen it in a while.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Got it a few times yesterday but no issues today!

• Moderators Posts: 51,769 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Just got this message after posting in the count to a million thread

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got this a couple of times yesterday and today. Also, when I click the link in my e-mail subscription I am (sometimes) not brought to the last unread post, but to one in the middle of the thread somewhere. This has been happening yesterday and today too.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Not entirely sure what's causing this, but my first guess is the script cache, so I've emptied that. If you notice it again, let me know. I'll be keeping an eye out myself. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

That appears to have a ) fixed it for me and b ) increased site speed phenomenally.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just occured there a second ago for me.. Refreshed and was allowed back in

• Moderators Posts: 51,769 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Got it again today.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Got one a few minutes ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Still getting this message - a few minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Saibh wrote: »
    Still getting this message - a few minutes ago

Happening to me again now as well.

Right, disabled script caching entirely for the moment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Just got it again.

Ok, dropping the memcache cache, after that, I'm out of ideas for now.

It's always a different page that produces the error for me though. Out of curiousity, is there any way to write in the source what web server is serving the error page when it appears?

feylya wrote: »
    It's always a different page that produces the error for me though. Out of curiousity, is there any way to write in the source what web server is serving the error page when it appears?
    There was but it appears upgrading from PHP4 to PHP5 changes how that variable operated, which is odd.

Also when investigating this I'd forgotten about the postparsed table, which caches posts with bbcode parsed into HTML. Although the front page doesn't call that table, so maybe that's not a solution either.

Haven't seen the issue happening since you got rid of memcached but I haven't been online that much.

Reason I asked about the server name was to see if it was always the same server spitting out that page.

feylya wrote: »
    Haven't seen the issue happening since you got rid of memcached but I haven't been online that much.

Reason I asked about the server name was to see if it was always the same server spitting out that page.
    Oh I know, would be handy if it was just the one server alright :)

Would give me a very nice starting point. Haven't seen it either myself, although the version I get is just a little message at the top saying the forums are disabled.

• Advertisement

What about implementing a healthcheck system? Monitor say 10 forums and pull a copy of the page if it's not what it's supposed to be? Shouldn't be overly complex to configure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

How many servers are there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement