Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC4 Photography prog

• 17-01-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

Just in case anyone isn't watching, more info on the BBC website.

It's about 7 iconic images of photography, and modern take on them.

Brilliant show.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have it downloaded since Thursday but haven't seen it yet. Might watch it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Do you have it? I missed it today again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

kensutz wrote: »
    Have it downloaded since Thursday but haven't seen it yet. Might watch it tonight.

Thought BBC won't let us download from the Iplayer?

Didn't even know about this :(

Don't need to have iPlayer. I have other sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Ah ok then,my bad :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Paulw wrote: »
    Brilliant show.

Of the modern versions, which was your fav??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I thought it was all very interesting.

My favourite from the should would be his David Bailey - Jean Shrimpton, Vogue, 1963 image. The new digital wasn't that different from the original, but yet it captured what he wanted but it was more about the style.

The Erwin Blumenfeld Vogue Cover from 1950 looked cool,especially since the original wasn't done in digital. I really liked his take on it, and the model made it fun.

The Cecil Beaton 1934, was wonderful, but the film version, not the digital he used.

A great show. Glad I recorded it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Anyone in Dublin have a copy I could borrow?

Just finished watching it and I have to say all the images reproduced were brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

Was that the program with Rankin trying to reproduce the originals. It was ok but in my opinion the originals photos were still much better. I did think at one stage when he was talking to David Bailey about using a Roliflex Bailey didnt seem to think much of Rankin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

If anyone could share via PM where to watch it, it'd be much appreciated. My girlfriend is doing her final college project along the same lines as this show !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    If anyone could share via PM where to watch it, it'd be much appreciated. My girlfriend is doing her final college project along the same lines as this show !

Do you have BBC4?? It will be repeated weekly over the next 3 weeks

Advertisement