Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 260 and 280 Price Drop ?

Options
  • 17-01-2009 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Now that the 295 is out I was expecting a somewhat of a price drop for the 260 and 280 , but I have yet to see cheaper prices.I looked around and the prices are still all the same. Maybe at the start of February we will see price reductions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

ya, I too was expecting a price drop for those two around the middle of this month. didnt see anything happening though, so I just put in my order for an evga gtx260 216core yesterday.

no more stupid waiting. you can wait and wait, and the day you notice a price drop, youl hear elsewhere that nvidia will release a new card in another month. then you wait for that... its endless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

They have stopped making the GTX280 i think. As the GTX285 is taking over... So after a while you will see less and less of the GTX280 in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

Firstly, I'm not reccommending to buy off Ocuk as I know theres a few Ocuk haters on these boards who have been burnt by them (I've never had any issues)
    Theres not a massive difference performance wise between the GTX280 and GTX285 (you could overclock a gtx280 to perform at the same level as a stock GTX285 no problem) but theres about €100 in the difference in price. Cheapest gtx 280 & 285 on Ocuk

GTX 280 £218.50

GTX 285 £310.50

I'm patiently awaiting my GTX285 to arrive in the post, upgrading from 8800GTS 320mb, expecting a huge improvement.
    With the difference in power consumed, overclockability and noise I think anyone would be mad to buy a GTX280
    Silenceisbliss, I hear ya on the waiting thing, its a nuisance with there always being something new around the corner.

Advertisement