Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Myers makes it onto the website of the BNP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

that lad is some ****ing goon. id have no problem ending his miserable life. id say he wakes up in the morning and looks at himself in the mirror, and is disgusted with himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

that lad is some ****ing goon. id have no problem ending his miserable life. id say he wakes up in the morning and looks at himself in the mirror, and is disgusted with himself.

Quite the opposite, I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

* wonders why Múinteoir was browsing BNP site*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

He's English. Would fit in well in the BNP and their racist policies. He doesn't deserve anymore attention on this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

He stands out because he is the one person who puts opinions and questions that no other media person will.

Does that make him bad? .....or maybe he's just unique in that he will put himself in the firing line with the opposite (sometimes majority) view, as opposed to other journo's who just toe the line with political correctness.

FFS he a columnist with opinions, his employers at the indo don't seem to have a problem...but if you do, then don't buy the paper or alternatively do not read his column. Easy as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'm personally quite sick of certain foreigners coming here and behaving the way they do. Nothing wrong with pointing out such things. I'm also sick of the hysterical reaction of many when immigration in general is raised in the media.

Immigration is a major issue which needs discussing. Myers annoys me at times but not al the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

murphaph wrote: »
    I'm personally quite sick of certain foreigners coming here and behaving the way they do. Nothing wrong with pointing out such things. I'm also sick of the hysterical reaction of many when immigration in general is raised in the media.

Well i'm sick of how a certain segment of Irish society acts and there are more of them so they cause me more hassle. I'm all for discussing immigration, but when people start referencing a few troublemakers in their case against immigration they are completely missing the real issues. Infrastructural carrying capacity and economic requirements are the issues that should be looked at.

I'm sick of a certain section of irish society too. I didn't think I needed to 'insure' my statement about foreigners by saying such in the same post. The bad behaviour of certain irish has got what to do with the topic at hand (immigration) again? Oh yeah, nothing.

murphaph how do you feel about british immigrants?

I'm sick of a certain section of irish society too. I didn't think I needed to 'insure' my statement about foreigners by saying such in the same post. The bad behaviour of certain irish has got what to do with the topic at hand (immigration) again? Oh yeah, nothing.

Well I though it was obvious but let me clarify. Using individual examples of bad behaviour to guide immigration policy is frankly daft. Within every large group of people there will be a few bad eggs that is guaranteed but they are usually a small minority. The only way to justify your earlier statement would be if you were implying that all or a majority of immigrants are bad people which is blatant racism. The only things that should guide immigration are impersonal statistical analysis of the current economic and social infrastructure along with projected future growth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Can we send Myers away too with all the immigrants? Now, then I'd consider it!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

sink wrote: »
    Well I though it was obvious but let me clarify. Using individual examples of bad behaviour to guide immigration policy is frankly daft. Within every large group of people there will be a few bad eggs that is guaranteed but they are usually a small minority. The only way to justify your earlier statement would be if you were implying that all or a majority of immigrants are bad people which is blatant racism. The only things that should guide immigration are impersonal statistical analysis of the current economic and social infrastructure along with projected future growth.

smart.

Well then call me racist if you need to label me. :)
    murphaph how do you feel about british immigrants?
    We are culturally very similar to the british in many ways so I've no real beef with 'em. Britain has taken many more of us than we've taken of them so it'd be a bit cheeky to tell them to take a hike anyway.

We are culturally very similar to the british in many ways so I've no real beef with 'em. Britain has taken many more of us than we've taken of them so it'd be a bit cheeky to tell them to take a hike anyway.

Indeed, let us leech of a country first, then pay them back!

And they wonder why Ireland had a property and greed boom?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

So are you confirming that you believe that all or a majority of immigrants are bad people? Or are you saying that an immeasurable, personal and subjective experience with a few individuals should guide government policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

dlofnep wrote: »
    He's English. Would fit in well in the BNP and their racist policies. He doesn't deserve anymore attention on this website.

Just read what you said there again! :D:D:D

so if the nigerians for example came in drinking points of lager, sticking up signs such as 'no polish, no dogs, no irish', wearing english soccer jerseys etc. you'd be grand with them ye?

your way of looking at it is one way, how about the fact that the nigerians don't occupy a portion of this island?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Just going to distort you statement to see it from another point of view.
    Well I though it was obvious but let me clarify. Using individual examples of bad behaviour to guide insurance policy rates is frankly daft. Within every large group of people there will be a few bad eggs that is guaranteed but they are usually a small minority. The only way to justify your earlier statement would be if you were implying that all or a majority of young drivers are bad people which is blatant discrimination .
    But yet it happens!
    Seanies32 wrote: »
    Indeed, let us leech of a country first, then pay them back!

And they wonder why Ireland had a property and greed boom?
    Sorry - are you referring to the british occupation of Ireland and half the rest of the world... or the more recent Irish arrivals in UK?

But yet it happens!

Doesn't make it right!

Just going to distort you statement to see it from another point of view.

But yet it happens!

Sorry - are you referring to the british occupation of Ireland and half the rest of the world... or the more recent Irish arrivals in UK?

I know, it's VERY relevant to a BNP Thread.

Do elaborate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I bet he's delighted with himself. twat.

Listen. I just want any immigrants to adapt to our ways and customs or p!ss off somewhere else. I don't care what colour anyone is or where there from if they behave like the decent part of OUR society. We can't deport our own scumbags so little point in talking about them wrt immigration.

'our ways and customs'

i don't get what this is? getting pissed out of their minds at the weekend?

but obviously nobody wants troublemakers, but this myers chap wasnt pointing out troublemakers, he was saying that when he looked at a tv show one time he seen no white faces, and he wasnt sure even if there was if they were even british.

Listen. I just want any immigrants to adapt to our ways and customs or p!ss off somewhere else. I don't care what colour anyone is or where there from if they behave like the decent part of OUR society. We can't deport our own scumbags so little point in talking about them wrt immigration.

So polish people should replace Krakowiak with Céilí, Kielbasa with denny sausages and so forth and you'd be happy with as many of them coming here as they like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

dlofnep wrote: »

From Wikipedia: "Myers was born to an Irish emigrant family in Leicester, England, where his father was a General Practitioner." He has been based in Ireland since he started university here at about the age of 18. So far as I am concerned, that makes him Irish.

His opinions on many things are anathema to me. I consider him a far-right loon, albeit a very intelligent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Immigration is a major issue which needs discussing.

+ 1

but its not really anymore in fact a major discussion point will be emmigration in coming years.

i personally think ireland is fairly strict when it comes to immigration(outside eu) so until maby turkey joins eu i can't see immigration being a talking point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

RichMc70 wrote: »
    He stands out because he is the one person who puts opinions and questions that no other media person will.

Does that make him bad? .....or maybe he's just unique in that he will put himself in the firing line with the opposite (sometimes majority) view, as opposed to other journo's who just toe the line with political correctness.

FFS he a columnist with opinions, his employers at the indo don't seem to have a problem...but if you do, then don't buy the paper or alternatively do not read his column. Easy as that.

But were entitled to comment on his opinions.

Myers practices political incorrectness. He tends to deliberately argue against the norm. Thus, people talk about his articles.
    There are some exceptions: He doesnt like immigrants, women and he's extremely pro-British. So he will always write on these lines even if the majority agree. He is also a unionist, but he doesnt write loudly about that.
    He will not write anything to diminish interest in his articles.
    His arguments although sometimes persuading, dont really add up to much once you scrutinize them.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

I wouldn't pay any heed to anything Myers does or says he is just a self publicist and an old fool and comes over all controversial to get himself noticed, he is a bit like one of those spoilt pop stars we have in Ireland, what do you call the small guy with the dark glasses who swans around with the likes of Bush & Blair and (thinks he's God)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

I haven't seen such distilled bile in a while.

Kevin Myers is an interesting character who isn't afraid to speak his mind. I've noticed that in Ireland if you stand up and speak your mind you get treated with suspicion. Why is this? This country is supposed to be a democracy.

Riv

Advertisement