Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry's Chocolate Orange

Options
  • 18-01-2009 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Unbeatable :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

A favourite of mine too! I haven't eaten them too much though to be honest. When I do buy one, i munch down the whole thing in a matter of minutes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,470 ✭✭✭✭cson

Nice, but a touch sickly if you eat a whole one.

Which I've done far too often :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

God I haven't had one in at least 7 years I'd say. Want one now though :(

I've never had the plain chocolate one even though I love dark chocolate, is that as nice?

I can't answer that because i've never had the dark chocolate one! The plain chocolate one is absolutely lovely though, but expensive. I was just at my local Superquin and it was something like €4.50. You can get them for only €2.00 in those discount stores like that '2€uro' shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kevster wrote: »
    You can get them for only €2.00 in those discount stores like that '2€uro' shop.
    The €2 shop in dun laoghaire has 5 of the bars for €2, proably has way more chocolate. I am off to get them now!

They do loads of bars 5 for €2, and all well within date, and some are bars which are typically a bit more, like terrys orange & toblerone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Janicus

you can get 3 of the chocolate oranges in sainsburys for like 5 pound:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Drool!

I love Terry's Chocolate Orange. The plain chocolate ones are yum, although I wish they were available in bar form anywhere near me!

Actually, I find it hard enough to get the milk chocolate ones (bars) now that I think about it.

I tend to just look out for offers and get the orange shaped ones, which I eat in one sitting. They're even better straight out of the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Janicus wrote: »
    in sainsburys

Careful now!

Janicus wrote: »
    you can get 3 of the chocolate oranges in sainsburys for like 5 pound:cool:

You obviously live near the border! lucky sucker... ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭georgem25

I love the boxes of mini ones with about 6 different types

yum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Janicus

You obviously live near the border! lucky sucker... ...

nope it takes me an hour and a half to get there I stocked up a christmas but will have to stock up again in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Dose anybody actually bother with the orange shape? The bar is bangin' though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

As somebody said, the 2 euro shops give you 5 for 2 euro. And yes, they are indeed lovely.
    You can also get 5 dime bars for 2 euro which is, i mo thuairimse, class!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember when I was 8 and got a terrys chocolate orange egg for easter. Ate the whole egg and the two bars for breakfast and got dragged to church. Got really dizzy in church from eating to much too fast and almost collapsed. My mother dragged me outside where I got sick. It was the best thing ever. I felt great afterwards and because it was the only thing I ate the vomit tasted like terrys chocolate orange. Best vomit ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Lol!! Is the egg in the Terry's Easter Egg orange flavoured also, yeah? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The box of sweets ftw! The yellow ones with the crushed corn flake pieces are yummy!

I remember years ago there was a sweet shop on Patrick's Street in Cork and one Easter, as I walked past it, I saw a huge, pumpkin-sized Chocolate Orange in the window. I was convinced that my mother was going to buy it for me. She didn't. :(

Yummy... ...that sounds like it'd be a huge task to munch down, janeybabe, but it being a Terry's Chocolate Orange should make it easier

:pac:... :pac:... :pac:...

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭sukikettle

Retrogamer that made me cry with laughter:D

• Advertisement

Yummy... ...that sounds like it'd be a huge task to munch down, janeybabe, but it being a Terry's Chocolate Orange should make it easier

:pac:... :pac:... :pac:...

:p

Yeah it would probably have been the one and only time that I would have shared a Chocolate Orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You forgot Egg shaped!! Best Easter Egg ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ScarlettOHara

We don't have chocolate oranges in Georgia. Besides Tara is a cotton plantation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

the big hugh easter egg has loads of indivudally wrapped segments,I hide a good handful of them in the frozen spinach--no one ever checks there!shush!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Greasy and disgusting. Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I much prefer the orange shaped one to the bar......It's chunkier. I used to dip the segments in my tea so it was melted and yummy. The bits that fell into my tea made my tea taste of chocolate orange :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sorry I can't emphasise that enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    because it was the only thing I ate the vomit tasted like terrys chocolate orange. Best vomit ever.

That happened me when i was pregnant! Surprisingly it didnt turn me off them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Yum, yum, yum! :pac:

My favourite treat ever! It's just so delicious. Best of all, they now sell the eggs for €2! I'm off to get one now... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

They should only be eaten in orange form if ya ask me. :D
    Tried the mint one.. was manky! :(

Advertisement