Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry's Chocolate Orange

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can get moulds to make your own Chocolate oranges, would be a cool DIY christmas pressie! Have tried google but with no success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hmm not sure, you'd probably have to have a look around kitchenware shops.
    That or you could make up your own large one :D
    Pimped Chocolate Orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Star-Pants, I'm convinced we're kindred spirits! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Can you still get the big tubs of individually wrapped ones which had differant flavors? Remember getting a tub a couple of xmases ago but havent thought about theem since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Fashionized

They're great! Can't seem to find them around here anywhere though. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 thatone

On sale for 2.50 or 3.50 in Dunnes and tesco etc. A good deal cheaper than usual anywho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Why do they only seem to sell the egg version at Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

It's Eggciting....only 3+ months to Easter and my annual supply of Terry's Orange...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Why do they only seem to sell the egg version at Christmas?

This is probably a stupid question, but what does the egg version look like? I presume it's an egg shape but I don't recall seeing it before.

This is probably a stupid question, but what does the egg version look like? I presume it's an egg shape but I don't recall seeing it before.

It's actually an "orange" shape. The only available type apart from the chocolate bar.

Sorry if I confused you. :o

• Advertisement

Terrys Chocolate orange (in the ball shape) are available all year round, not just at Christmas. It's just they've extended the varieties they do (like the mint/white/popping candy) and they're only available at Christmas AFAIK. But you can get the regular ones all year round.

star-pants wrote: »
    Terrys Chocolate orange (in the ball shape) are available all year round, not just at Christmas. It's just they've extended the varieties they do (like the mint/white/popping candy) and they're only available at Christmas AFAIK. But you can get the regular ones all year round.

Well then it's just that the local Supervalu and Dunnes only stock them in and around Christmas. I snapped up the last one in Dunnes last week, and they haven't been in Supervalu for three weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I think I bought about 10 of those white celebration oranges for the other half in the run up to Xmas and they started selling them in Tesco from mid September.. Strange they stopped only a month after Xmas now!!

Also, does anyone actually remember the Terry's orange EGGS that used to come in a little orange egg box with a little spoon to eat them with?!

http://www.ciao.co.uk/product_media_view.php?ProductId=5287425&MediaId=545303&MediaType=Image

Ah yes, I knew I wasn't imaging them!!

THEY WERE AMAZING! Where did they go :(

ah ok, I do agree they're far more abundant around Christmas, but just a friend of mine loves them so I've gotten them at other times of the year for her.
    Gas back when they had the 'tap and unwrap' ads (We were only teens) - that never worked. She used to throw it at the wall! lol

edit - yup I remember the Egg & spoons, not seen them in a long time

star-pants wrote: »
    ah ok, I do agree they're far more abundant around Christmas, but just a friend of mine loves them so I've gotten them at other times of the year for her.
    Gas back when they had the 'tap and unwrap' ads (We were only teens) - that never worked. She used to throw it at the wall! lol

edit - yup I remember the Egg & spoons, not seen them in a long time

I think they stopped making them along with the actual Terry's Easter Eggs that came with an orange flavour choc egg and a terry's orange..

What jokers.. That was the only egg I ever wanted and now they stop doing them >:(

Lornen wrote: »
    I think they stopped making them along with the actual Terry's Easter Eggs that came with an orange flavour choc egg and a terry's orange..

Nicest easter egg I've had. Aww, it's just so savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ah right. I was confused when you said they're only around at Christmas. I always see them in Dunnes, Super Valu and Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

The Missus puts one under the tree for me every christmas , fantastic christmas morning with a cup of coffee , pure lush :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Got me my mum a Terry's Chocolate Orange cake for me her birthday the other day. Mother of Jesus... drooooooooooooooool... Dark chocolate sponge with chocolate butter-cream icing and orange chocolate shavings and segments of chocolate orange. Quite heavy - ended up giving nearly half to the neighbours, but divine! :)

Dudess wrote: »
    Got me my mum a Terry's Chocolate Orange cake for me her birthday the other day. Mother of Jesus... drooooooooooooooool... Dark chocolate sponge with chocolate butter-cream icing and orange chocolate shavings and segments of chocolate orange. Quite heavy - ended up giving nearly half to the neighbours, but divine! :)

I saw this in Dunnes stores in Drogheda but to no avail here in Sligo.

Jealous :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Lornen wrote: »
    I think I bought about 10 of those white celebration oranges for the other half in the run up to Xmas and they started selling them in Tesco from mid September.. Strange they stopped only a month after Xmas now!!

Also, does anyone actually remember the Terry's orange EGGS that used to come in a little orange egg box with a little spoon to eat them with?!

http://www.ciao.co.uk/product_media_view.php?ProductId=5287425&MediaId=545303&MediaType=Image

Ah yes, I knew I wasn't imaging them!!

THEY WERE AMAZING! Where did they go :(

I'd forgotten all about those Egg and Spoon things, they were delicious. I remember sneaking many of them into the shopping trolley a few years back.

Advertisement