Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing xbmc on an original xbox

• 18-01-2009 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Hi, I got my hands on an original xbox purely for the purposes of installing xbmc on it.
    Following the howto's in threads here and elsewhere, I can seee how to do it, but I have a bit of a problem, the dashboard is an old one 4.x I think (cant remember what it is and i'm not near it to check)
    I went to xbox live to update it, but I cant get in, it says that live is done, probably because it is an ancient xbox. How can i get xbmc onto it?

I haven't got any games except spy vs spy, which doesn't upddate the dash for me. Is live down for good for the orig xbox? or what games will update my dash?

Any help? Please :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Halo 2 and far cry as far as i know.. I'd imagine there is loads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I have one ridiculous way to update your Dash without needing a game.

I wrote the guide for it during the week, its not really 100% finished (needs pictures) but it should be clear enough to get through

Its here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I have one ridiculous way to update your Dash without needing a game.

I wrote the guide for it during the week, its not really 100% finished (needs pictures) but it should be clear enough to get through

Its here

Looks easy enough, but ......
    The link to the cd image just points to imgburm.com, a mistake me thinks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

This is why you should never release anything that isnt tested properly :)

Sorry about that, Link is now fixed, thanks for the feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I updated my old xboxs dash last night. It had kernel and dash 4817 or something. Put in a game wchich supports live. Loaded game, selected live, and then create. It installed something and rebooted. I did the same again and this time it downloaded something from the web and rebooted again. Took the game out, rebooted and checked the dash again. Kernel still the same, and dash is now 5960 I think.

Hopefully get to try the hotswap mod next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement