Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 wireless routers

Options
  • 18-01-2009 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I just bought a 3 wireless router in Belfast to share out my 3 broadband wirelessly. works on any 3 broadband modem

Imagine my fury when I got it home only to find that it was locked to 3s uk customers only

Imagine they locked a router to 3s uk customers

These will be soon released in the republic. my bet is they will cost 3 times the uk price.

ROI customers beware

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

the joy or carnage of buying in the north its a different country

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

whizkid1 wrote: »
    Imagine they locked a router to 3s uk customers

Imagine, they subsidise hardware sales to their customers and they have the nerve to lock the device, same apples to most phone sold, this is not a rip-off, just un-informed buying...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So hang on you bought esentially a UK "mobile" and found it was locked to the UK supplier of this mobile, shock horror!!!!

You'll find its the same for any iPhone, Nokia etc :rolleyes:

Not a consumer issue imho, its simply down to you not doing research on any level

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Not so much of a whizkid on this occasion then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Im sure there are verious methods of unlocking it including custom firmware, post the model number here and Ill have a look for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Just had a picture of a dude in his office screaming "IM SO FURIOUS, HOW DARE 3 SELL ME THIS UK ROUTER":D

Advertisement