Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Reserves.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭ak51535

rite so! thanks dazzler for the info!
    oh yeah we all know about them! :rolleyes: :pac: jk jk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jackonmsn

i called the 65th a company up in swords on thursday looking to join up and i was told recruitment was frozen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

jackonmsn wrote: »
    i called the 65th a company up in swords on thursday looking to join up and i was told recruitment was frozen

They may be able to take on people who had already started the enlistment process before the recruitment ban was put in place, but they definitely wont be able to enlist people from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bloatty

Does anybody know for sure if the resevres are defo not recruiting until 2010??? Was really looking forward to joining and was sooooo dissapointed when I read some of the news that there was no recruitment. Raging. Any news at all would be comforting.

Cheers.

If you really need it, you'll be issued it.

Failing that, you could always try ebay, but you'll find it pretty hard to get cefo in olive green with " black fork like clips" on the pouches. And €70 might be slightly optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭userfriendly2

pmg58 wrote: »
    If you really need it, you'll be issued it.

Failing that, you could always try ebay, but you'll find it pretty hard to get cefo in olive green with " black fork like clips" on the pouches. And €70 might be slightly optimistic

Not at all optimistic, I ebay prices are very reasonable, just checked and the stuff from UK E-Tailors is priced at £89.99 for brand new complete set. Checked Protac and there havin a giraffe with ther 160 yo yo's for a set. Won't be long b4 they go out of business. 70 euro for a 2nd hand set from sum1 who might have recently left is a realistic price.

and i'm sick of having to re- adjust the PLCE when im issued with it and then leggit back up to the stores to try and find out why i wasn't given yoke and an ammo pouch.

RDF: A life less organised.

Is that for proper PLCE or a cheap knock-off?

Also keep in mind, you might not mind having british DPM CEFO, but someone in charge of you might!

It doesn't have to be 100 %, If it does the job then its cool, like i said it's probably gonna be 2nd hand so unless it's in mint condition than it won't be so expensive but i'l show interest in any offers that come my way. i wan't it b4 camp in august??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 OHeathcliff

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help me with a question or two, If I was to join the reserves would my eye sight be a problem, I wear glasses. Are glasses a problem? I'm planing on getting laser eye surgery but that won't be until summer of next year. Also they say they go away from training in the summer, is this in a set period every year? They also say they have field days weekends and training nights, I was wondering what happens if you miss some of these? I don't plan to but it might happen.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks,
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

• Advertisement

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help me with a question or two, If I was to join the reserves would my eye sight be a problem, I wear glasses. Are glasses a problem? I'm planing on getting laser eye surgery but that won't be until summer of next year. Also they say they go away from training in the summer, is this in a set period every year? They also say they have field days weekends and training nights, I was wondering what happens if you miss some of these? I don't plan to but it might happen.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks,

Don't take it so seriously would be the best advice you could get!!

There is a recruitment freeze on until 2011 and only a very few company's will be recruiting. Glasses are not a problem and also the army does not as of yet recognise the benifits of laser surgery.. you also need to be at least 21/22 to avail of this in Ireland as your eyes don't fully develop until this time.

When you do get in you will train once a week in the evenings. its best not to miss these nights but if it happens so what hahaha **** happens. summer camp is never a set date every year and it is definitly not advisable to miss these camps for at least the first 3 years as these camps are usually followed by promotion so if you miss these you get backclassed.

weekends are a good laugh but not mandatory unless they are your ARP's(weapons firing) which you need to do once a year EVERY YEAR. (Annual Range Practice).

Hope that was helpful??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

The minimum training requirement for each year (1 November to 31 October) is 24 'training nights', where
    1 nightly parade = 1 training night
    1 field day = 2 training nights
    1 overnight = 4 training nights

You must complete at least 8 nightly parades. On top of this your must attend 8 field days OR 4 overnights OR a combination of field days and overnights to make 16 training nights. These are added to the 8 nightly parades to make the minimum 24 training nights. You must also attend a minimum of 7 days full time training and fire your annual range practice with your personal weapon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 OHeathcliff

Thanks for the reply guys, real helpful. A bit disappointing about the freeze until 2011 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

damn ,ban a lot of oppurtunities missed out on

concussion wrote: »
    The minimum training requirement for each year (1 November to 31 October) is 24 'training nights', where
    1 nightly parade = 1 training night
    1 field day = 2 training nights
    1 overnight = 4 training nights

haha i guess i've missed out on some of those field days?? but never missed a tuesday. i'm in the 65th HQ coy.

Advertisement