Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow in Limerick

Options
  • 18-01-2009 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, this morning there was a brief snow storm! Took pics, will prob put them up later!

Was a heavy fall!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

yeah, had a period of about ten minutes to throw some snowballs, then it rained on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Then it snowed some more :D Still some snow on my car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

all i saw was hail stones this morning.that was at 05:50

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It was snowing at 9:00pm in Newport and this morning the car is covered with only small remnant of snow. On the 1st March last year this is what my car looked like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,march nearly spring for gods sake.

I hope we get something like this again. Bear in mind Im at the bottom of the silvermines and next to a cold river.

Scenery29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Berty wrote: »
    It was snowing at 9:00pm in Newport and this morning the car is covered with only small remnant of snow. On the 1st March last year this is what my car looked like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,march nearly spring for gods sake.

I hope we get something like this again. Bear in mind Im at the bottom of the silvermines and next to a cold river.

Scenery29.jpg

ahhhh,can i ask why???

• Advertisement

Who doesnt like having snow around at least once a year? Its nice to look at and provides much fun in work car parks where people car where they think the whites lines are and when they finish work their cars are all over the place. :D

Boo - urns to you if you dont like snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Yep there was a good bit of snow in newport last night at about 11 0'clock!!
    Hope we get some more today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

That's last January.

That's last January.

Ah grove Island. I remember that when it was only a sports building and a few fields. How that truck ever managed to crash into it I will never know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Really heavy snow fall last night in Dublin, lasted a good hour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Scenery29.jpg

Slightly off topic, when i was running the connemara marathon last april.. the 6th of april, it snowed... it also rained, hailstones and i still finished with sunburn on my forehead!!!!!
    Plenty of time this year for snow...

I was up around keeper hill this morning .. looks like there is lots of snow from lower down but when you het up there it isn' much..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've been led to believe that there may be more snow tonight, or at least sleet tomorrow. Which spoils my cycling plans, to say the least!

Here are the pics i took earlier this morning

Its sleeting again

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Here are the pics i took earlier this morning

I can see my office from there. :D

Are you in your office now? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

We got snow, yay. Only 20 mins of it, but still... yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

My garden looks like Rick James has passed through with a leaking bale of coke:pac:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Are you in your office now? :D

I am now actually. Not in the unikids obviously, the next one down. Had a small bit more in the way of flurries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It fairly hammered down with snow at about 1030 hrs If it snows now in the city there is a fairly good chance it will stick as it has dried up a little.latest_radar.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There's rain falling in Caherdavin at the moment, but I can see it turning into snow as the evening goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

Scenery29.jpg

Limerick City thread with a heading of "Snow in Limerick" and you post a picture of snow in Newport, pity there isn't a thread on Tipperary, oh sorry there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

It has changed now....very warm and sunny at the moment!!! Anybody knows where can I buy suncream? :D

Pshan wrote: »
    9101~Sarcasm-Posters.jpg

Fixed your post...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Pshan wrote: »
    Limerick City thread with a heading of "Snow in Limerick" and you post a picture of snow in Newport, pity there isn't a thread on Tipperary, oh sorry there is.

@Pshan

People from areas surrounding Limerick have posted here since the days when there was no county forums, Limerick City was the only subforum in the Midwest Region. For this reason I tend to be flexible when it comes to people posting from areas near Limerick City. Who posts on the forum or where they post from is not for you to decide.

@An File

knock it off, either discuss the topic or don't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It fairly hammered down with snow at about 1030 hrs If it snows now in the city there is a fairly good chance it will stick as it has dried up a little.
    It was wet in the city all day long so I don't know where you got the idea that it would stay on the ground.

Wasnt I happy when it starting lashing down with sleet when i was going for a run! Firstly i thought my hands would fall off, then my other outer extremites!!! Scary moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

OMFG! Snow! Three snowflakes! Chaos! Panic! Terror! Road carnage!Terrible amounts of snow today! People afraid to leave their homes. Parents not letting their Children outside!

City came to a standstill:
    cty.jpg

Peoples Park:
    pprk.jpg

I hope people will get the subtle irony behind this post!

We are still waiting on the snow, reports from the weather forum is, we will have some by thursday!

• Advertisement

A few flakes fell on Monday morning, and it's already frozen over now, so snow tomorrow would not be a great surprise.

Advertisement