Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow in Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

there was a nice thin layer of snow there for the last few hours, syuck for a while, but it rained on it, AGAIN!!!

anyhow, if we do get the much promised blizzard are there and good hills around for sliding down with nothing seperating you from the ground but a fertilizer bag?? i may be 22, but theres no way i'm beyond doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its really heavy now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

aaaaand it stops :(

nope still going here!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

There was a flurry there for the last half hour but it's not going to stick because as usual in Limerick the ground is wet underneath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

RINO87 wrote: »
    there was a nice thin layer of snow there for the last few hours, syuck for a while, but it rained on it, AGAIN!!!

anyhow, if we do get the much promised blizzard are there and good hills around for sliding down with nothing seperating you from the ground but a fertilizer bag?? i may be 22, but theres no way i'm beyond doing that!
    i went snowboarding down the side of the canal bank in ardnacrusha/clonlara the last time it snowed heavy..

we also built a toboggan and took it down a steep road that was closed due to ice.

Yeah was snowing pretty heavy around 9-10!! Was great! Love driving in it

go i hope it buckets overnight and sticks. otherwise i've to go to waterford for 3 days work. :(

I hear that zuroph! I really do hope it sticks!!

lightly falling at the moment..

• Advertisement

nowt on the southside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

our friend jack frost has returned, and this time left some of the magic white stuff called snow on the ground, was coming home from work at 6 and there were some drunk people out making snowmen on the shannon bridge roundabout :D fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Must have been at least 3 inches where I am this morning-amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not a flake out my way and I'm only about 10 miles from the city.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

One side of the Gaelic Grounds pitch required considerable work to clear away snow, making sure the hurling could go ahead today. Good thing they put in the effort! :D

Just outside and its snowing pretty good, nowt sticking yet to the ground, although the grass is covered and pretty much every other surface!

started sticking to the road outside my house about a hlaf hour ago, its now fully white! if this keeps going, no work tomorrow! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Sticking now but its stopping :(

Sioda shhhhhh, dont jinx it

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Still snowing here in Castletroy, 23.58. Now where did i put that snow blower.....:eek:

• Advertisement

its mostly stopped. but i saw it do this earlier and re-start. in castletroy too. please please PLEASE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ScholesyIsGod

Just stopped, im a bit gutted i was hoping for it to stay over night doubt it now though. Its been a long time since iv seen snow that heavy!

it'll start again, it'll start again, it'll start again. please please please

n623843383_2206680_339899.jpg

n623843383_2206681_6726073.jpg

n623843383_2206682_6294834.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Great pics ^

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Little snowman that I just built!:D

Thanks File!

Great mini snow person, ciara!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

That's so cute! There's the little kid in you, unless you really are a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

That's so cute! There's the little kid in you, unless you really are a kid.

No unfortunately im 24!!:mad: Not a kid! But there is the biggest little kid in me!

• Advertisement

I didnt even knew women came on the limerick boards!

Advertisement