Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Ging

• 18-01-2009 3:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Ex PDF, joined 1983, left as a Capt.

Currently UNWRA Director of Ops in Gaza, on the news nightly

Anyone served with him?

Irishman at the point in daily news bulletins, speaking for the Gaza residents.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Fishtits wrote: »
    Ex PDF, joined 1983, left as a Capt.

Currently UNWRA Director of Ops in Gaza, on the news nightly

Anyone served with him?

Irishman at the point in daily news bulletins, speaking for the Gaza residents.

I've been reading his statements over the last few weeks - he seems very level headed and in control despite the chaos around him. It would be easy to start apportioning blame and throwing accusations around but he didn't at all, even in the aftermath of the UNRWA attack. Fair play to him he's kept the focus on the humanitarian crisis and left the politics to someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

concussion wrote: »
    I've been reading his statements over the last few weeks - he seems very level headed and in control despite the chaos around him. It would be easy to start apportioning blame and throwing accusations around but he didn't at all, even in the aftermath of the UNRWA attack. Fair play to him he's kept the focus on the humanitarian crisis and left the politics to someone else.

Well said, I think the guy has been fantastic.

To answer the OP, I've never came accross him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Fionn

yes, served with him - 69 IRISHBATT (Recce Coy)
    a fine (and i dont say that often) Officer!!

great guy, very fair minded and popular too, with everyone both up and down the ranks.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Do you think it is proper, decent, acceptable or OK to discuss or ask about an individual who has served in the RDF/PDF on a public forum - particularly one in such a delicate and pressing situation? - in fairness - who is fishtits???

Me - No

Mods????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Zuiderzee wrote: »
    Do you think it is proper, decent, acceptable or OK to discuss or ask about an individual who has served in the RDF/PDF on a public forum - particularly one in such a delicate and pressing situation? - in fairness - who is fishtits???

Me - No

Mods????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mr.Ging has put himself into the public domain, so I guess its ok to talk about him.

Of course anything skirting libelous will be edited accordingly.
    Zuiderzee wrote: »
    fishtits???

Dunno, but its a great username!.

:P

I'm not ignoring your concerns, and you have a valid point of course. But this isn't an overly busy forum so its pretty easy to monitor posts.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Reference to "as useless as tits on a fish," I'd wager.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Hey Manic...

you should explain a little better...

Zuiderzee, who is fishtits?

Well boy I'll tell you who fishtits is...

Someone who has been there, done that and now slopes off into incognito...;)

So to speak...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Similar to say tits on a bull.....maybe....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

iceage wrote: »
    Similar to say tits on a bull.....maybe....:D

LoL :D

Advertisement