Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liddell V Shogun, Rampage V Jardine Announced!

Options
  • 18-01-2009 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Liddell and Shogun set for UFC 97 and Rampage and Jardin Ufc 96.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Make or break fight for shogun.Lidell might be able to get away with stepping up to heavyweight if he loses this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

The slippery slope Chuck has been on in the last year as far as his win/loss record goes, it could be bye bye Chuck in 2009. Provided Shogun can manage to go more than 60 seconds without gassing out! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

based on last nights performance by Rua this is the UFC giving Lidel and easy ride, so the UFC can get their money making machine back in contention. Rua was a disgrace last night, knacked in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Shogun v lidell makes sense right now, I thought shogun looked good last night if he hadnt of gassed. In the first round he was throwing up all different types of submissions, knees, kicks and punches. hes a very stylish fighter, now if only he can get some cardio he'll be a force. Would like to see him go train with wanderlei again in the future.

Ramapge v jardine means that the winner of lyota and sivla probably gets a title shot. Im pickin Rampage in this fight, but jardines unorthodox style can certanily pose problems..

siochain wrote: »
    Rua was a disgrace last night, knacked in the first round.

More like the middle of the second but I do agree, it is terrible to see professionals gas that early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

I didnt think we were directly allowed bash fighters?
    Be VERY careful - Fighter bashing gets a permanent ban.

A fighter may be outmatched, have an off night, not be at the races mentally. That is not a golden ticket to start having a go. I'm going to permanent ban the next idiot I see making stupid remarks about fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

I would think that quiet excessive to ban someone over that comment. Especially because anyone who has seen his past fights and saw him last night will have to agree that there is either something seriously up or hes just not doing his cardio. He said at the end of the fight that he was back to full fitness aswell? can anyone substantiate this because theres no way i heard him right on that.... is there ?

I think I'd probably have a Feedback thread on my hands if I banned him for that. But you're right, it's kind of a grey area. I'm gonna have a word with Dragan so that we clear up Fighter Bashing and what you can and cannot say and I'll post it up in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

I think I'd probably have a Feedback thread on my hands if I banned him for that.

I wasn't looking to have anyone banned but it does appear that there is some discrepancy in the rules between posting feedback about Irish fighters and foreign fighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭roakey

fatal wrote: »
    Make or break fight for shogun.Lidell might be able to get away with stepping up to heavyweight if he loses this one.

i couldnt see chuck at heavyweight, i dont think he would be big enough for that, can u imagine chuck liddell vs brock lesnar, i think it a bit of a miss match, look at couture he couldnt really handle lesnar's size and power.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

siochain wrote: »

This is a pretty midde ground statement, it's not really a direct "Rua is a wanker" but it does imply something alright.

Why was Rua a disgrace? He gassed against Griffin as well, and a considerable part of last night was spent dealing with take down attempts.

They will tire you out. Coleman also gassed, so why is he not a disgrace?

Not being a wanker here, just point out that offering more detail might assure people you are not just ripping on Rua.

Dragan wrote: »
    This is a pretty midde ground statement, it's not really a direct "Rua is a wanker" but it does imply something alright.

Why was Rua a disgrace? He gassed against Griffin as well, and a considerable part of last night was spent dealing with take down attempts.

They will tire you out. Coleman also gassed, so why is he not a disgrace?

Not being a wanker here, just point out that offering more detail might assure people you are not just ripping on Rua.

mybe he meant the rua is only 26/27 and he shouldnt be gassing that quick, and coleman is 44, he done well for his age.

can i ask why your not allowed to give out about fighters, i thought this was a forum where your opinion is allowed to be expressed which ever way u want

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

roakey wrote: »
    mybe he meant the rua is only 26/27 and he shouldnt be gassing that quick, and coleman is 44, he done well for his age.

can i ask why your not allowed to give out about fighters, i thought this was a forum where your opinion is allowed to be expressed which ever way u want

+1,surely we can post whatever we want about fighters once its not pointless statements.If its positive or negative surely we an post on here once its not crap like 'rua is a homo' or statements with out back up!!

Please dont start censoring things or handing out bans because people post negative things about fighters which may be considered 'fighter bashing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

I thought Coleman showed great heart, stepping back into the octagon after all those years! I was personally disapointed with Shogun as he was at one time one of the most dangerous strikers in mma.

Looking forward to seeing Chuck V Shogun, must agree with a few comments though as I also believe this is make or break for Chuck.
    Chucks takedown defence & ko power will finish Shogun! Shogun really should get his ass up to big bear & work on cardio if he's gonna beat the Ice Man.... I would have loved to see Liddell take on Silva again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

roakey wrote: »

Well you are wrong, and you are not. Pointless fighter bashing is not allowed, plain and simple. There are rules within the charter that need to be adhered to.
    davmol wrote: »
    +1,surely we can post whatever we want about fighters once its not pointless statements.If its positive or negative surely we an post on here once its not crap like 'rua is a homo' or statements with out back up!!

Please dont start censoring things or handing out bans because people post negative things about fighters which may be considered 'fighter bashing'.

Once something is backed up it's all good. I'm not here to censor anything. A comment was made, another poster took issue with it, now we are just trying to show there was nothing malicious in the comment.

Thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Shogun v lidell makes sense right now, I thought shogun looked good last night if he hadnt of gassed. In the first round he was throwing up all different types of submissions, knees, kicks and punches. hes a very stylish fighter, now if only he can get some cardio he'll be a force. Would like to see him go train with wanderlei again in the future.

Ramapge v jardine means that the winner of lyota and sivla probably gets a title shot. Im pickin Rampage in this fight, but jardines unorthodox style can certanily pose problems..

That's what I was thinking.
    I'm glad too, cause Machida deserves it, even if most fans don't agree.
    (Yes by the way, I am assuming Lyoto will win.)

Dragan wrote: »
    Well you are wrong, and you are not. Pointless fighter bashing is not allowed, plain and simple. There are rules within the charter that need to be adhered to.

Once something is backed up it's all good. I'm not here to censor anything. A comment was made, another poster took issue with it, now we are just trying to show there was nothing malicious in the comment.

Thats it.

oh ok, i didnt have a prob with it, there is no point slating him cos u didnt like his shorts or something. understandable

I wasn't looking to have anyone banned but it does appear that there is some discrepancy in the rules between posting feedback about Irish fighters and foreign fighters.

I completely agree. It's a grey area so we're clearing it up. I'd be a Shogun "nuthugger" so I'm certainly not going easy just being easy but unfortunately with the grey area only becoming an issue we had to deal with that before handing out warnings. I'm writing up something on it to clear up this afternoon.

Advertisement