Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neal Delamare

• 18-01-2009 4:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

this might have been and hopefully has been discussed before but my god is he the worst 'known' comedian in ireland??? his jokes are not funny..end of story.. he's like that annoying guy everyone knows who's no good with women and isn't that good looking but he tries to make up for it by having a lame unfunny answer to everything..he was probably picked on in school and now he thinks he's all high and mighty and up his own arse cause he's on tv..i'm not a comedian or an inspiring one so this is not a jealousy rant..it's just pure hate for someone so unfunny when there's original great comedians slugging it out on the pub scene still.. all his jokes are based around(in that annoying accent) "my big potato head..my big paddy langer head..i'm from offaly full of langers"... JESUS CHRIST NO ONE CARES FCUK BACK INTO WHATEVER HOLE YOU CRAWLED OUT OF!!!

rant/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So you're slightly on the fence about him? :pac:

Like yourself I strongly dislike The Panel (saw you mention it in the other thread) and I can't say I like any of the people who figure on the show, including Delamare. The odd times I watch it I feel like I'm at one of those parties where you'll have a few people making smart-arsed comments and everyone else laughs hysterically while you wonder what's so funny.

In saying that, I did watch him on The World Stands Up last night and I thought his routine was pretty good and he made me laugh a few times so maybe as a stand up he's OK.

To be honest I think someone like Paul Merton would struggle with what The Panel provide for commentary. For example on a recent episode I saw them doing a tribute of sorts to George Bush where they featured embarrassing moments of his that have been DONE TO DEATH on other shows and laughing like hyenas as if it was new, ie Bush picking on the guy with sunglasses who was blind. "Hahahaha oh man what is he like?" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

He's got to be the worst comedian in the world.

The time when Rodge and Podge nearly made him cry on tv was good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

All of the Panel are awful.

And you have to remember, thats the edited best bits of the whole session that was taped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

On the subject of "the panel".

Dermot Whelan -- HOW????. He's amazingly unfunny on the panel and his standup is even worse. In fairness to the guy, he seems to be a good sketch artist - some of the jokes/sketches he comes up with for his Radio show are really good. He should stick to what he is good act, and leave the standup to the comedians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I saw Neal Delamare in Vicar St and I was hoarse from laughing by the end of it. I would imagine though that he's a bit like marmite - he has a very dry and sarcastic kind of wit, which some people just don't like.

I think he's great on the panel, so clearly it's a case of you love him or hate him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

All of the Panel are awful.

And you have to remember, thats the edited best bits of the whole session that was taped.

Actually it isn't the edited best bits

I was at the taping during the week and it was really funny and the George Bush stuff went on for about 20 minutes

The showed a couple of minutes of it on TV and most of the show to be honest was the least funny and least controversial stuff recorded

Not really defending the show as most of the panelists aren't that funny but I do think that is because the production company play it safe with the content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mistabutta

thank christ people think the same way..there's some hope for humour in ireland!! while i still think the panel is shi.te i do think RTE has a big part to play with comedy on RTE..every year there's another 'comedy' series which lasts a year at most and is unfunny..i think it's very much who you know and the same producers behind it who must be slow or won a competition to work there..if you take BBC and BBC2 they take in shows and have actually funny people and writers which makes it so good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

I'm not a major fan of the panel but some of Neil Delamere's stuff is really good I think.

Saw him and Tommy Tiernan in Vicar St last year and Neil was defo much funnier than him imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭aassddff

bret69 wrote: »
    I'm not a major fan of the panel but some of Neil Delamere's stuff is really good I think.

Saw him and Tommy Tiernan in Vicar St last year and Neil was defo much funnier than him imo!

Have to add that I saw his stand up show and thought he was excellent. Proves it takes all sorts to make the world tick (or thicker)

Go Neil you da man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

I saw him at Electric Picnic a couple of years ago and he was hilarious!
    Started off so-so...then he discovered the filthy jokes were getting the best reaction, so he ran with those....finishing up on a brilliant one about the Virgin Mary... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 sparewheel

have to say love him..and the panel...gets my vote every time..never seen him live tho

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shaniev

mistabutta wrote: »
    this might have been and hopefully has been discussed before but my god is he the worst 'known' comedian in ireland??? his jokes are not funny..end of story.. he's like that annoying guy everyone knows who's no good with women and isn't that good looking but he tries to make up for it by having a lame unfunny answer to everything..he was probably picked on in school and now he thinks he's all high and mighty and up his own arse cause he's on tv..i'm not a comedian or an inspiring one so this is not a jealousy rant..it's just pure hate for someone so unfunny when there's original great comedians slugging it out on the pub scene still.. all his jokes are based around(in that annoying accent) "my big potato head..my big paddy langer head..i'm from offaly full of langers"... JESUS CHRIST NO ONE CARES FCUK BACK INTO WHATEVER HOLE YOU CRAWLED OUT OF!!!

rant/

Can I ask have you seen him live if you havent then you have not seen the best of Neil Delamare I have seen him twice and I reckon he is one of the best comedians. It is easy to say this and that when watching him on the tv but you have to see him in real life and just him in front of a big crowd always 10/10 from me anyways!

you wouldnt know if he is doing vicar street or anything like that soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Shaniev

Mar 13th,14th,15th,19th and 20th I think

woohoo...thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭baz15

I have to say he is one of the funniest guys around.
    Saw him in Castlebar last year and I couldnt stop laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

saw him in ratoath he was very funny. great interaction with the crowd, i glad i wasnt at the front,,,,,,,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 SunnySideUp

I say him in Galway a couple of weeks ago and he was hilarious! There was a lot of improvisation and he was well able to deal with any heckles from the crowd! I have to say his support act was really crap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

I think Neil Delamare is funny.

However, I can understand your point of view and I can see how you see him as that annoying ugly smartass.

As for the Panel, I think the old shows of it were hilarious. This season was pretty crap tho.
    On the whole RTÉ and it's comedy thing, - I remember seeing some comedy documentary and Dara O'Briain was saying that RTÉ's main job was just getting Irish comedians known, they know that RTE are not going to make them superstars, but RTE hopes it will do enough so the comedians get oppurtunities elsewhere. That was his take on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭malarkus

Hey Id love to go to one of the Vicar St gigs but I saw him last October, does anyone know if this current run of gigs is new material?
    If it is, great!
    If not, dont wanna see the same show again

• Advertisement
Advertisement