Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting Cars in USA (California)

• 18-01-2009 4:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Does anybody know if it is at all possible to rent a car in California if you're 20 with a full driver's license for over two years or do you have to be over 21 to have any chance of getting one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

ive heard its 21 but im not sure. myself and few mates plan on renting a caravan in california, still unable to find out exactly what the rules are with regards age/licence/insurance etc

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lilyrose

you can rent a car at 20 but if you are under 25 you will get charged a fee of 15 dollars a day just cause you under 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I was there this summer and rented a few cars. Minimum age is definatly 21 any younger and you cant rent. Between 21 and 25 most places charge a bit extra (enterprise dont though, they will also match any cheaper deals you get elsewhere)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

cooperguy wrote: »
    I was there this summer and rented a few cars. Minimum age is definatly 21 any younger and you cant rent. Between 21 and 25 most places charge a bit extra (enterprise dont though, they will also match any cheaper deals you get elsewhere)

I can confirm that! rented a car in LA and Santa Barbara this summer and you had to be 21 or older to rent!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brenner08

Crap! Ah well..... Cheers for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement