Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow for the far north tonight possibly (low probability)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Frustratingly the last two metar reports for Knock are missing/not reported? , last one I can find is from 19:30 would love to see what's happening with the DP there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nearly everywhere is reporting rain except for knock, precipitation not too far away from the east now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Gonzo wrote: »
    nearly everywhere is reporting rain except for knock, precipitation not too far away from the east now.
    Well I'm reporting sleet and some wet flakes of snow here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

nothing but rain, rain rain rain :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Its raining here in Tralee. Is it ment to snow during the night?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The best prospects, whilst still low enough, are later in the night as the wind switches Northwesterly. Could get some back edge snow off this for a time in the morning

12_30.gif

Id expect any sleet and snow now to turn to rain soon. Be supprised if it was sleet or snow all the way though with the DP's on the way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

nothing at all in sligo, just a bit of wind

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

NetWeather radar (22:30) is now showing the precipitation over Ireland as sleet and snow when it was earlier showing up as all rain. Still dry here and snow has remained in the shade all day here from last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 cligereen

Heavy rain in Tullamore at the moment.:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think its gettin colder here, the slush in the ground has after freezing in past hour.
    whatever comes here i dont think were gonna get alot of precipitation, the band seems to be fragmenting north of a line from Dublin to North Mayo,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think its gettin colder here, the slush in the ground has after freezing in past hour.
    whatever comes here i dont think were gonna get alot of precipitation, the band seems to be fragmenting north of a line from Dublin to North Mayo,

Don't worry the temp is the main issue here and its 5c dp 0c in Dublin Airport atm.

Too high. It feels milder out there ahead of the rain.

The heaviest precip will spread in after 2/3am

It will then precipitate till around 8am

Or maybe it won't i dont know!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the bbc is still showing a lot of snow from 4 am onwards for the west of ireland.
    currently there is sleety rain but not even wet snow to be had at lower level around here.

Knock still reporting snow at 10pm and temp there has gone down another 1c. Here, a few drops of rain have fallen....woo hoo!

Avns1s wrote: »
    I'm close enough to Knock Airport and I can verify that it's snowing. Nacho, break out the champagne!

Maybe it's time to revisit the thread title? :D

damn. you are lucky. as that seems to be the only place it's snowing in the country. congrats.

its just started to rain here now, wind has picked up and icey slush starting to melt again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

damn. you are lucky. as that seems to be the only place it's snowing in the country. congrats.

Yea, I WAS lucky! It's turned back to rain. :eek:

Ah well, maybe later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Heavy rain here in Carlow town. Temp of 3.9c and a DP of 2.7c

Avns1s wrote: »
    Yea, I WAS lucky! It's turned back to rain. :eek:

Ah well, maybe later on.

don't worry. if the bbc forecast charts are accurate we'll get a fair bit of snow by tomorrow evening and into the night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Just to make you a little jealous Nacho...

This was mid-Munster this morning :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58659165#post58659165

Sleeting now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭JFKIRELAND

Lashing Rain here in D.5 now!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Looks as though things are on track, the colder air is just about to reach the west coast now, dew point out at the M6 buoy has fallen to -0.2 C and the whole system is developing rapidly which means the winds should become quite gusty late tonight. I would expect this cold front to whip through Dublin about 0500 to 0600, and perhaps bring a burst of hail then snow. Later in the day it still looks better for the western half of the country in general, but plenty of people will see snow, I think. There's also a feature showing up on the 18z GFS that could provide a second jolt of energy around 1200h with a trough that could enhance the snow or hail showers at that point.

Looks as though things are on track, the colder air is just about to reach the west coast now,

yet it was snowing two- three hours ago when we were suppose to be in a milder sector as the front crossed the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Bit south of the north...

DSC00033.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

plenty of snow on the mountains around sligo, none nearer to sea level though unforntunatly

none-event here, just rain thru the night and still drizzling outside

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Snowing in Limerick. Not sticking at all.

none-event here, just rain thru the night and still drizzling outside

Aye, same here, not a flake to be seen, woke up to a bleak looking, wet garden :rolleyes:

Tis 5.1c now and a DP of 3c, aint gonna be getting no snow with temps like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Aye, same here, not a flake to be seen, woke up to a bleak looking, wet garden :rolleyes:

Tis 5.1c now and a DP of 3c, aint gonna be getting no snow with temps like that!

You were just in the wrong part of carlow! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58664884&postcount=718

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »

GRRRRR, it never snows in Carlow town!! :mad:

Hope you enjoyed it! ;) What time was that at?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement