Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow for the far north tonight possibly (low probability)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

GRRRRR, it never snows in Carlow town!! :mad:

Hope you enjoyed it! ;) What time was that at?
    8am this morning didn't last long maybe 30-40 minutes was nice to see my station recording snow, its just a pre-run for February thats when we get our best chances of snow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Aye, same here, not a flake to be seen, woke up to a bleak looking, wet garden :rolleyes:

Tis 5.1c now and a DP of 3c, aint gonna be getting no snow with temps like that!

ye its really dissapointing, is it game over for us in the east or is there any chance of us getting any snow over next 24 hours, all the fun seems to be in the west?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gonzo wrote: »
    ye its really dissapointing, is it game over for us in the east or is there any chance of us getting any snow over next 24 hours, all the fun seems to be in the west?

this evening, as the trough moves east, and again tomorrow looks favourable for your aera according to the bbc forecast at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Aye, same here, not a flake to be seen, woke up to a bleak looking, wet garden :rolleyes:

Tis 5.1c now and a DP of 3c, aint gonna be getting no snow with temps like that!

Looks like I'm gonna have to eat my own words! The temp has been dropping steadily since I posted last! Temp now 3.9c and DP 1.7c! Hopefully it'll have dropped a lot more by the time that band of precip hits me! :D

Also, tis getting a little confusing here with two thread running the same topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

yeah this thread should be locked as it was originally for last nights potential.all post in the other thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think im gonna miss out on the trough thats moving eastwards, looking at the met eireann rain radar it appears to be moving southeast and is very fragmented and light north of Galway. I think areas from Galway to Wicklow and south of that will see s snow from that trough, very little if anything north of that line:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Closing this one now to prevent confusion with tonights rather different setup :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement