Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stormtroopers Of Death appreciation thread!

• 18-01-2009 7:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, it's another one.
    For me, the early 90s were a grimish time for thrash metal, Joey Belladonna was gone from Anthrax, Testament were starting to cumble apart, ugh, it all fell apart. On top of that, Grunge came along and irritated me!

Bloody terrible!

And then these guys came back and reminded us that musicians could be funny.

And when you wake up beside a fat hog in a trailer park, you know you're Seasoning The Obese!

Folks, I give you Stormtroopers Of Death, Appreciate now, thank me later!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Speak English Or Die and the semi-related USA For MOD still get heavy rotation from me, almost 25 years later. Great albums both. Bigger Than The Devil didn't do it for me, though the live album they released a couple of years ago has it's moments (The Ballad Of Kurt Cobain played several times in Seattle being one of them :D ). When it comes to landmark releases, Scott Ian and Charlie Benante don't get anywhere near the credit they deserve.

Although, when you think of it, downtuned guitars, distorted bass, no solos... these pricks invented Nu-Metal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Doctor J wrote: »
    Speak English Or Die and the semi-related USA For MOD still get heavy rotation from me, almost 25 years later. Great albums both. Bigger Than The Devil didn't do it for me, though the live album they released a couple of years ago has it's moments (The Ballad Of Kurt Cobain played several times in Seattle being one of them :D ). When it comes to landmark releases, Scott Ian and Charlie Benante don't get anywhere near the credit they deserve.

Don't bet on that, Benante and Ian get a lot of credit, as does Lilker for his diversifying roles in Metal, period. Milano does come across as a bit of a cock though. Ian and Milano, i believe didn't speak for the guts of five years before the release of the "EP", speaking of which, I'm assuming you've checked out all of it's ballads? Ballad of INXS, Freddie Mercury, Frank Sinatra, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix. Haven't gotten my mits on it myself yet, but they all sound comical.
    Although, when you think of it, downtuned guitars, distorted bass, no solos... these pricks invented Nu-Metal :pac:

Sssssh, we're trying to keep the thread positive! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yep, they're all on the live album I mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

i remember the first time i heard the ballad of jimi hendrix i nearly wet myself laughing,great band!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

i remember the first time i heard the ballad of jimi hendrix i nearly wet myself laughing,great band!

dun dun... dun dun... dun dun... dun dun YOU'RE DEAD!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 eric the head

metal notes on phantom played pussywhipped a while ago.
    what a classic track !!

Advertisement