Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Second Level Student Account

Options
  • 18-01-2009 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am a second level student who is considering taking out a second level student account with AIB. As I am under the age of 16 I was wondering.
    1. Do I need Photo I.D and proof of my address or my parents address.
    2. How long will it take to get the card once I apply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

from the aib website. Not sure how long it will take

- The AIB Student Account is available to students between the ages of 12 and 18 years and in receipt of part time or full time second level education in Ireland.

- You will need to complete an account opening form and if you are under 16 years of age, this form, must be signed by a Parent/ Guardian. The Parent/ Guardian of the student must call into their local AIB branch, confirming their request for an AIB Debit Card on the account if the student is under 16 years of age. The Parent/ Guardian must be aware that they have no authority to amend the card details except for cancelling the card (if the student is under 16 years).

- To comply with the requirements of the Criminal Justice Act 1994, you will need to provide AIB with photo ID and proof of address or get a letter from your school on headed notepaper confirming your name, address and date of birth. If you cannot provide any of the above, please talk to us.

Advertisement