Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on 09 Toyota Auris purhase for cash

Options
  • 18-01-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭

My Dad has his heart set on an 09 Auris and will not be trading his 10 year old starlet so it will be a cash trade. He read that Totota are giving 2500 back on the purchase of a new auris. He was orginally looking at the petrol but I have at least swayed him towards the diesel (300 difference with lower tax). I am aware from the boards that the auris has electrical issues but I cannot convince him. He has always sweared by Toyota and has always bought toyota although obviously not very often. The corolla is too big for him and he prefers hatchbacks.

My question: What price should he be paying for a cash deal on a car nobody wants. I asked him not to look at Terra spec (poverty) and bargain for higher spec. His current offer is 20000 to pay cash and that includes the 2500 off. I think he should be getting another 2000 off the dealer for buying cash so he pays total of 18000. That appears to be the terra spec price. He needs to add for the next spec up. This dealer is offering a ex-demo 09 at this price. Dealer is in Galway. He wants to buy new so the car has no history which is silly but I think price might change his mind (I hope).

Any Toyota dealers out there or people who have bought recently and got a bargain.

Do'nt bother mentioning other cars as he is Toyota only man.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd say if they are giving €2500 off the max he could hope to get off further would be at most €500-€1000, then again he might get lucky. If I was him I would head into the dealers as they probably wont discuss a big discount over the phone, tell them he has full cash for the sale, no trade in and ask them what their best is, then bargain down if possible. I think it's only available on the top of the rang model here but I would get the one that comes with steering wheel radio controls, in the UK it's on all but poverty spec.

You should have a look on the Auris forum it will give you an idea of any potential problems with the car...
    http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=110

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I can't imagine they have a €4500 margin on a basic Spec Auris. As said above if you get another €500 off, take it and be happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Damien360 wrote: »
    My Dad has his heart set on an 09 Auris and will not be trading his 10 year old starlet so it will be a cash trade. He read that Totota are giving 2500 back on the purchase of a new auris. He was orginally looking at the petrol but I have at least swayed him towards the diesel (300 difference with lower tax). I am aware from the boards that the auris has electrical issues but I cannot convince him. He has always sweared by Toyota and has always bought toyota although obviously not very often. The corolla is too big for him and he prefers hatchbacks.

You should really convince him, he'll never look back.

Toyota in Ireland is like one big cult. Middle-aged to elderly people get brain washed by their perceived reliability and quality that they come to the conclusion that all other brilliant cars in that segment such as the Ford Focus must be sh1te.

No matter how much Toyota cut corners and reduce costs and leave out things that should be standard like aircon, they will always have their conservative Irish clientele.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The €2,500 will come directly from Toyota Ireland within 60 days of purchase, similar to the "Le Cheque" deal on Renault.

So you should assume full price and negotiate from there, Your dad will not be writing a cheque for price less €2,500 unless he negotiates that off the price. €750-€1,000 should be achievable given that this deal does not affect dealer costs.

It is on existing stock only as the car must have 09 plates on it by 14th of Feb, limiting colour choice and spec availability.

Try and get a 1.4 D4-D Luna for €22k, and there'll be a further €2,500 in the post by April.

The uncle is actually here now, so if he ever stops nattering I'll ask him, but I have to go out so might not get the chance.

It's cheaper now, than before Christmas. A customer of his in Kildare planned on trading a Yaris before Christmas but he called in to her the other day on the way back from Dublin and with the €1,750 cash back the cost to change is about €750 less even with higher mileage and allowing €1000 less on trade in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

Is he the main dealer in Kildare ? I was planning on dropping in to Kildare dealer this week to discuss. Might get to Dublin dealer on N4 this week also if my travel plans get me there. I find that face to face is better.

edit : I see your limerick so I assume the uncle is similar. Easy reach for my dad to haggle face to face.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Is he the main dealer in Kildare ? I was planning on dropping in to Kildare dealer this week to discuss. Might get to Dublin dealer on N4 this week also if my travel plans get me there. I find that face to face is better.

edit : I see your limerick so I assume the uncle is similar. Easy reach for my dad to haggle face to face.
    Yup, Limerick.

What he said was Toyota aren't giving the money at source because they don't think some dealers will pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ninty9er wrote: »
    Yup, Limerick.

What he said was Toyota aren't giving the money at source because they don't think some dealers will pass it on.

LOL, if manufacturers don't trust dealers then what hope have customers?

Advertisement