Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go on the Dunph.

• 18-01-2009 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

Jaysus, Dunphy giving it socks on RTE1 on Marian Finucane and I must say he is saying what needs to be said.

Gowan the Dunph.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Dan Dare

Who was the pratt who was arguing with Dumphy (I missed the beginning if the exchange).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Probably the Minister of State Martin Mansergh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I HATE it when Maid Marian goes "hold the bell there". Silly bint snuffed out a potential Krakatoa

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Mansergh once again left squeeling like a fay boarder that keeps having the meat swiped off his plate by the school's bully.
    Marian shoulda let that one roll further. A quality 3 and a half minutes when 10 could have been had.

:D

Indeed ,the Dunph had the plane on full throttle and I'm glad he didn't accept the rubbish Mansergh was throwing at him.

Fcukin Cowen paid more than Obama and Gordon Brown and the little cockerel Sarkozy.

I knew that of course, but it kind of says it all doesn't it.

:mad: Breaks me up sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

while i like to see anyone trashing manseregh , dunphy has always been a populist posing as an independant

I don't take to him myself too much either, comes with a health warning, but this morning he said what needed to be said.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Tom Humphries wrote a while back something along the lines that if a man stands for long enough on top of a hill eventually a roast chicken will end up in his gob and feeding his belly. Something to do with maintaining one's position and law of averages. Well The Dunph's belly's full. Right man, right place...Just longer Maid Marian.

Humphries as ever over elaborates - he cudda just said even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Just listened to it now, he really laid into him, about time there was a bit of honesty on rte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭mcdonrob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

humberklog wrote: »
    Mansergh once again left squeeling like a fay boarder that keeps having the meat swiped off his plate by the school's bully.
    Marian shoulda let that one roll further. A quality 3 and a half minutes when 10 could have been had.

It's amazing how shrill Mansergh's voice becomes when challenged, often choking on righteous indignation.

What's up with his accent anyway? I usually loathe the term but the man has the very definition of a 'West Brit' accent. Was he raised abroad?

I dunno what accent that is, he was on talk radio this morning and his voice was doing strange things again as he spoofed his way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

It's amazing how shrill Mansergh's voice becomes when challenged, often choking on righteous indignation.

What's up with his accent anyway? I usually loathe the term but the man has the very definition of a 'West Brit' accent. Was he raised abroad?

From Wikipedia
    Unusually among current prominent Irish nationalists, Mansergh is an Anglican born and raised in England.

Mansergh was born in 1946, the son of the County Tipperary-born historian Nicholas Mansergh. Martin was educated at The King's School, Canterbury and Christ Church, Oxford, where he studied Politics, Philosophy and Economics and obtained a Doctorate in philosophy for a thesis on pre-revolutionary French history,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Dunphy spouting the bleeding obvious in an outraged tone. He is the biggest spoofer of the lot.

Maybe, but he is the only one whom I heard saying it.

The fact we have the highest paid politicians in the the OCED was splashed everywhere last spring when Bertie tried to brazen through the ministerial pay rises. Wrongly I admit, its yesterdays news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Mansergh is an British Oxbridge graduate who was originally headhunted by Haughey in the late 70's. His father is a Tipperary born historian and academic.

I'm not saying or inferring that he's a Scientologist at all, but he uses the same technique most spokesmen of Scientology have of raising their voices when challenged.

It's an odious debating technique and makes him come across as a complete tit and fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

Dunphy is so last year

When the story of ministerial pay broke last year there was outrage, there even was shouting just like Dunphy. But then the next thing to get outraged about came along and it was forgotten about. And so on and so on. Then one day you wake up and realise that those morally corrupt FF f**kers have been in power for over a decade. Perhaps Dunphy had such a moment last sunday morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement