Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRG fitness

Options
  • 18-01-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone a member in knocknacarra? What's it like? Is it good? Is it expensive? What's it like compared to leisureland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭swimgal08

lisajane wrote: »
    Is there anyone a member in knocknacarra? What's it like? Is it good? Is it expensive? What's it like compared to leisureland?

yo i'm a member in knocknacarra, its a great gym just got in new cardio equipment ie. treadmills , bikes, striders each machine having there own tv:D:D:D these all can be found in the upstairs area along with strenching/ core area aswell as a weights area along with alot more equipment . now onto down stairs a new weights room with boxing bag kickboxing bag , and loads of other weights machine .

nrg also do classes like, spining , pilates, boxercise , aqua aerobics etc etc ... also the changing area is very nice with a tv which you are free to change channel.. when you become a member you are assigned to a instructor you don't have to do this but i think you should the instructor will give you your own personal plan and show you around and how to work the machines !!

also the lesuire area is class with 20 meter pool , sauna, steam room, jaccuzi. AND A OUTSIDE CANADIAN STYLE HOTTUB !!:eek::eek:

only thing i can fault nrg about is they don't supply towels !(everyone used to steal them) it aint that bad

may be a small bit dearer then lesuireland but i would say its worth it .. its prices are (i think ) 1 year membership 400 euro but there reduction for students , couples , off peak..

Ps. another perk is if you become a member of nrg knocknacarra you automatically become a member of nrg bohermore its handy if your in town and wanna pump the guns .;);)

i would recommend nrg

more info can be found here www.nrgfitness.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

It's good but the waterslide in Leisureland is a bit bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

m83 wrote: »
    It's good but the waterslide in Leisureland is a bit bigger.

ya suppose but its never open:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ronnie3585 wrote: »

go away i'm just after writing a massive post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

i found the changing rooms in nrg quite grubby......... floors looked dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Haven't been out there in a month or so (part busy, part being sick, part sore back, part completely lazy!)
    BUT
    Have to say I found it VERY clean in the dressing room etc. I tend to go late evenings, and I know they probably clean it in shifts, so it may depend when you go. Staff seem nice. Busy but not packed when I go.
    Haven't used the Jacuzzi or sauna yet. Nor have I availed of Bohermore
    Ok, guilt setting in..this week for sure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

I was a member last year, and when it ran out I didn't renew.

I always went after work (which yes naturally is a busy time, and I dont mind normal busyness) but too frequently found the changing room full of kids. Again, no problem with kids in general, but the mothers seemed to let them run around and just once too many I would be trying to get changed (no cubicles) with little Johnny/Katie aged 8 sitting opposite and staring.

Always seemed a bit grubby, showers with the doors hanging off, dirt around the pool. Other users didn't wipe down the machines afterwards and I could never find the cleaning spray they usually should have in gyms for that sort of thing.

Its a shame but the gyms in Galway seem v. expensive for what you get.

If standards have improved wonderful ... I may join again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

Tawny wrote: »
    I was a member last year, and when it ran out I didn't renew.

I always went after work (which yes naturally is a busy time, and I dont mind normal busyness) but too frequently found the changing room full of kids. Again, no problem with kids in general, but the mothers seemed to let them run around and just once too many I would be trying to get changed (no cubicles) with little Johnny/Katie aged 8 sitting opposite and staring.

Always seemed a bit grubby, showers with the doors hanging off, dirt around the pool. Other users didn't wipe down the machines afterwards and I could never find the cleaning spray they usually should have in gyms for that sort of thing.

yes i agree with all of the above!!!! the shower cubicles reminded me of the dodgy ones in the school gym!!! NRG is expensive for what ya get. Considered joinin nuig gym but after a tour around last week in which it was packed with students and the parking wasnt the best, i have yet to find a decent quality gym in the city

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement